Author Topic: Chris Marrero  (Read 6462 times)

Offline Skinz72

• Say hello to the DL-inator!!
Re: Chris Marrero
« Topic Start: May 21, 2008, 01:31:39 PM »
I don't agree with that. As far as I'm concerned Zimmermann and VanAllen have passed Marrero.

Maybe, but it depends on how you rank your players.  Batters and hitters and hard to compare.  But if you could, and based on current prodcution there's no question VanAllen and Zimmerman have been doing better than Marrero.  But my bet is that ranking is based on projection over the long term, not what they have done over the last month or two.  I suspect over the long term Marrero is viewed as a probable franchise starter with All-star potential, which is based on the competition level he has faced.  He's starting to pick it up as of late (.386 AVG last six games), but time will tell.  

Sort of like boxing, you really have to convince the judges that a challenger really, really beats the champ in order to win.  In words, you need more time with both excellent and consistant numbers to overtake the #1 or 2 prosepect rank.  A month or two won't do it.  I'm not saying either couldn't do it, but they have quite a mountain to climb.

There's no question VanAllen and Z have stepped up in the Nat's rankings.  So have Zenicola, Rhinehart, and maybe a collection of others.