Author Topic: Screw ESPN (2011)  (Read 25351 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: Screw ESPN
« Reply #200: June 23, 2011, 07:10:36 AM »
Wow! I'm sorry, I get she's eye candy, but she seems like about as big a sports fan as my grandmother. Not well knowledgeable. Obviously she is if she's getting hired by ESPN, but my point stands. I'm thrilled to see her go, I just wasn't a fan. But Jesus, if that means the even bigger moron Dan Hellie takes over. Yikes. Let's face it, ever since Arch Campbell, George Michael and now Bob Ryan left, this damn network is a farce. I gave up on it totally after Ryan left, and should have done so after they freaked over Arch and George. May this network finally die, die, die the way it deserves to after how it's treated it's core talents.

Offline Terpfan76

• ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
« Reply #201: June 23, 2011, 09:06:19 AM »
Anyone who went to any of the Red Sox fixtures back in 2009 (the three biggest-selling home dates in Nats Park history) will have seen the worst-case scenario - the twerpiness was so heavy you couldn't cut it with a chainsaw or blast it out with C4 or Semtex.

It could get a bit anti-intellectual in there at times (OH WOW MAN DID BRIAN ZIPPERMAN JUST HIT A TOUCHDOWN???) but I can't see it getting as bad as a Red Sox Nation invasion. No one does insufferable bandwagoning (without the boorishness/edginess of, say, Red Wings or Penguins hockey bandwagoners) like the legions who consider themselves part of 'Red Sox Nation' simply due to having attended some fancy-pants prep school or university in that region (but who, prior to October 2004, would have been hard put to name anyone on the Red Sox roster).

'Red Sox Nation' was fun during the 86-year drought, all the stories about the Curse of the Bambino, Pesky holding the ball, Buckner's grounder-heard-round-the-world etc...it is perhaps unfortunate that the drought ended when the city generally was having an 'up' on the sports front - several Patriots Super Bowl victories during that time, the Celtics ending a two-decade drought of their own, and now the Bruins winning their first Stanley Cup since Bobby Orr's heyday. Today they're simply the most entitlement-besotted fandom in sports.

Washington, on the other hand, doesn't have all those championships - apart from the local soccer teams, no one here's won anything since Super Bowl XXVI. And then factor in the transient nature of this area, with many people arriving here from outside the area who keep up loyalties to their old hometown teams. We may get mildly twerpish bandwagoners but it won't be Red Sox Nation.

[While I'm on the subject of Red Sox Nation - lamest T-shirt ever, seen a number of times round Nats Park, most recently during the Orioles series - a white Strasburg T-shirt with the number 37 using Red-Sox-jersey typeface. Very poor taste, in my opinion.]

:clap: :clap: :woop: :woop:

I feel the same way about Boston fans and Pittsburgh fans in general. Pirate fans are excusable, they are an ever worse off bunch than us lol...

The Men and Women Terps did give us bball titles, so we did have that... UMD is close enough to D.C. to count.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #202: June 23, 2011, 09:25:14 AM »
That's another one in the book for ESPN from our area. They took Sarah Walsh, Sage Steele and now Lindsay Czarniak. ESPN probably pays more and for a lot of people that is the place where they want to end up working. They'll probably have her doing ESPN news or covering NASCAR.  :rofl:  They also took Bram Weinstein but he doesn't count.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #203: June 23, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »
They'll probably have her doing ESPN news or covering NASCAR.  :rofl:   

She's a protege of G. Michael.   She'll be coverin' rasslin' and bull riding.   

Offline spidernat

« Reply #204: June 23, 2011, 09:28:07 AM »
She's a protege of G. Michael.   She'll be coverin' rasslin' and bull riding.   

That should make the rednecks happy. She used to do NASCAR before G Michael brought her on board.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #205: June 23, 2011, 09:29:36 AM »
That should make the rednecks happy. She used to do NASCAR before G Michael brought her on board.

Didn't know that.    I'm not a fan of hers.   In fact, I don't think much of any of the local sport's anchors (at least their news segments).

Offline spidernat

« Reply #206: June 23, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
I don't even know who is currently doing channel 7 but the dude from channel 9 is awful and probably the absolute worst.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #207: June 23, 2011, 09:33:11 AM »
I don't even know who is currently doing channel 7 but the dude from channel 9 is awful and probably the absolute worst.

However, Lindsay could be a twin of my niece.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #208: June 23, 2011, 09:35:46 AM »
Wendy Nix makes me feel good about ESPN.

Offline blue911

« Reply #209: June 23, 2011, 09:36:42 AM »
Wyndy Nix makes me feel good about ESPN.

fixed

Offline spidernat

« Reply #210: June 23, 2011, 09:58:34 AM »
However, Lindsay could be a twin of my niece.

PM on the way.  :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #211: June 23, 2011, 09:58:50 AM »
Wendy Nix makes me feel good about ESPN.

Why?

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #212: June 23, 2011, 10:02:29 AM »
Why?

She's pretty cute. Erin Andrews, while overrated, is still the cream of the crop, but Nix is awesome.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #213: June 23, 2011, 10:08:57 AM »
She's pretty cute. Erin Andrews, while overrated, is still the cream of the crop, but Nix is awesome.

I'm not disputing that. I just wanted to know why PANatsFan likes her.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #214: June 23, 2011, 10:23:44 AM »
PM on the way.  :lol:

I'm leaving work for the day.   If it comes, it may take awhile for me to respond.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #215: June 23, 2011, 10:25:09 AM »
I'm not disputing that. I just wanted to know why PANatsFan likes her.

She's hot as hell, way prettier than Andrews. Bonnie Bernstein is amazing as well.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #216: June 23, 2011, 10:29:10 AM »
I'm leaving work for the day.   If it comes, it may take awhile for me to respond.

:shock: :popcorn:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #217: June 23, 2011, 10:29:31 AM »
She's hot as hell, way prettier than Andrews. Bonnie Bernstein is amazing as well.

Maryland grad. 8)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #218: June 23, 2011, 11:01:54 AM »
Erin Andrews :az:

She can bad mouth the nats all she wants..  lol wut

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #219: June 23, 2011, 11:04:35 AM »
Erin Andrews :az:

She can bad mouth the nats all she wants. All that means is I need to teach her a lesson for such a bad mouth. ....  lololololol wut

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #220: June 23, 2011, 11:07:21 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Hahaha went with something extreme. :stir:

So bored right now

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #223: June 23, 2011, 11:20:50 AM »
Not a big deal but looked at mlb page on ESPN and didn't see a mention of the game and streak. The A's had a page talking about their 6 game win streak and how weeks is doing good.

Offline R-Zim#11

« Reply #224: June 23, 2011, 11:26:52 AM »
Not a big deal but looked at mlb page on ESPN and didn't see a mention of the game and streak. The A's had a page talking about their 6 game win streak and how weeks is doing good.

Hmmmm...Weeks is doing well...but there IS this kid named Danny Espinosa who has been doing better...