Author Topic: You can just feel it. This is where.....  (Read 8938 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: You can just feel it. This is where.....
« Reply #75: May 24, 2011, 10:32:35 AM »
I don't know of anyone that thinks the team is fine. Winning this year was impossible. This year and possibly next year are just a purgatory of waiting for guys like Strasburg and Harper. Looking at the minors now actually makes me feel hopeful rather than depressed as Meyers, Peacock, and Milone are all putting up good numbers. The organization is still thin on close to major league ready position players, but Lombardozzi is doing well and if Desmond continues to OBP under .250 then he might be needed soon. When people say the team is fine they mean it is meeting their expectations. I never believed that a team could only manage to win 72 games without suffering at least one long losing streak.
7 years for a chance at a winning baseball team? Haven't we suffered enough? And it's not even close to a guarantee that we compete next year or the following year.

This team is not meeting my expectations, not even close. I want a winner and this team keeps putting it off for longer and longer.

What happens if we aren't winning anything in two years? Then what do we do? Start over again and take another 7 years to build anything?