Would You Support an Expos Night at Nats Parl

Yes
20 (48.8%)
No
16 (39%)
Don’t Care
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Would you support an Expos night at Nats Park?  (Read 4263 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Would you support an Expos night at Nats Park?
« Reply #50: December 26, 2018, 04:42:16 PM »
Does Balmer have a Colts night?   :shrug:

The Preakness.    :)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #52: December 26, 2018, 04:51:27 PM »
But that's somewhat different, in that Balmer lost the Colts where DC got the Nats

Maybe park a bunch of Mayflower vans in the parking lot?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #53: December 26, 2018, 04:52:17 PM »
But that's somewhat different, in that Balmer lost the Colts where DC got the Nats

Somewhat different?   :)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #54: December 26, 2018, 05:17:58 PM »

Maybe park a bunch of Mayflower vans in the parking lot?
and crash a plane into the upper deck.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #55: December 26, 2018, 05:19:06 PM »
and crash a plane into the upper deck.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeriste that was a Steelers post-game.     :hysterical:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56: December 26, 2018, 05:39:31 PM »
I thought it was after a bert jones / Steve Grogan game.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #57: December 26, 2018, 05:45:46 PM »
I thought it was after a bert jones / Steve Grogan game.

Nah, that was a standard Grogan game crash on offense.    :)      This is the game I was thinking about:

https://www.statter911.com/2016/12/19/40-years-ago-plane-crashes-into-baltimores-memorial-stadium-after-colts-game-hitting-police-officer/

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58: December 26, 2018, 08:36:05 PM »
Nah, that was a standard Grogan game crash on offense.    :)      This is the game I was thinking about:

https://www.statter911.com/2016/12/19/40-years-ago-plane-crashes-into-baltimores-memorial-stadium-after-colts-game-hitting-police-officer/
now I remember why I was watching it and it wasn't a pats game.  Somehow, under the old playoff system tie breakers, the Colts were able to knock out the Pats by losing that game.  I think maybe the Colts would have won the division cleanly with a win and the Pats would have been the WC with a tie-breaker over one of the Jets/bills/dolphins, but the loss dropped them into a 3 way tie breaker and the Pats were the first team eliminated.  I forget where this was in the Pittsburgh championship cycle. 

Offline mitlen

« Reply #59: December 26, 2018, 08:41:17 PM »
now I remember why I was watching it and it wasn't a pats game.  Somehow, under the old playoff system tie breakers, the Colts were able to knock out the Pats by losing that game.  I think maybe the Colts would have won the division cleanly with a win and the Pats would have been the WC with a tie-breaker over one of the Jets/bills/dolphins, but the loss dropped them into a 3 way tie breaker and the Pats were the first team eliminated.  I forget where this was in the Pittsburgh championship cycle. 

It was during the wilderness years.     :)     One of the 2 out of 6 years they didn't win it all.     Might have been the year where Bleier and Harris were hurt in the playoffs.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60: December 26, 2018, 08:54:57 PM »
It was during the wilderness years.     :)     One of the 2 out of 6 years they didn't win it all.     Might have been the year where Bleier and Harris were hurt in the playoffs.
Thank you wiki . . .  This was the year after the Pats lost to Stabler in the Divisional Round on a cheesy roughing the passer call as well as a non-call on Villipiano holding Russ Francis (plus Sam Bam Cunningham scooting out of bounds and not getting a first down).  That was Grogan's first year starting (after Plunkett).  That probably was the best Pats team prior to 2003 - 04. 2 hall of fame rookies - Mike Haynes and John Hannah. We thought we were coming up, then missed the playoffs the next year (the year of this crash), then had Chuck Fairbanks take the U of Colorado job while prepping for the first round of the playoffs the next year.   Then, into the abyss of Ron Earhardt . . .

Offline Nick the Pig

« Reply #61: December 26, 2018, 10:25:38 PM »
Let's be honest here, French Canadians are even more annoying that their (barely) English speaking counterparts !

Their Gallic laziness combines with their Latinate voluptuousness with the result that they would rather eat and make love with their faces than fight.

Serious man-points to those who gets that reference.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #62: December 26, 2018, 11:25:45 PM »
Let's be honest here, French Canadians are even more annoying that their (barely) English speaking counterparts !

Their Gallic laziness combines with their Latinate voluptuousness with the result that they would rather eat and make love with their faces than fight.

Serious man-points to those who gets that reference.

Online rileyn

« Reply #63: December 27, 2018, 07:17:41 AM »
Soft goal.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #64: December 27, 2018, 07:38:08 AM »
Not entirely convinced. It was the Nationals being a new team that brought me to them in 2005 - as fans, we'd all start from a level playing field, without all of the 'I've followed the (team) since Adam was a lad' or 'I'm 4th generation (team)' that new fans of any team tend to encounter. With my English sense of rooting for the underdog, my only interest in the Expos was that they were regularly so spectacularly woeful (although thinking about the Nationals to 2010...). And, with my love of supporters ironic names (hence 'Natsie') I always preferred the Who Deys.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #65: December 27, 2018, 08:27:36 AM »
Soft goal.
Maybe the goalie was French Canadian too?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66: December 27, 2018, 08:41:16 AM »

TOO MANY MEN ON THE ICE!!!!!!  gAAAAHHHHHHH!

Do you realize this board made me revisit two of the most scream-inducing moments in Boston sports history that are still talked about today (non-Red Sox division)?  Roughing the passer / where's the call and too many men on the ice?  At least Grapes went onto a nice post-coaching career.

Maybe the goalie was French Canadian too?
Cherry must have suspected that about Gilbert.  No way Cheevers ever gives up something that soft.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #67: December 27, 2018, 09:12:47 AM »
TOO MANY MEN ON THE ICE!!!!!!  gAAAAHHHHHHH!

Do you realize this board made me revisit two of the most scream-inducing moments in Boston sports history that are still talked about today (non-Red Sox division)?  Roughing the passer / where's the call and too many men on the ice?  At least Grapes went onto a nice post-coaching career.
Cherry must have suspected that about Gilbert.  No way Cheevers ever gives up something that soft.
Just trying to give you some good vibes for the New Year!  Gilles Gilbert!

Offline HondoKillebrew

« Reply #68: December 27, 2018, 12:18:59 PM »
Who owns the Chiefs?   

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #69: December 27, 2018, 12:26:51 PM »
Who owns the Chiefs?

Having followed the Chiefs since 1982...it's the Hunt family.Team was founded by Lamar Hunt (1960), and his son, Clark, took over (as both Chairman and CEO) following Hunt Snr's death in 2006.

Offline HondoKillebrew

« Reply #70: December 27, 2018, 04:30:16 PM »
Having followed the Chiefs since 1982...it's the Hunt family.Team was founded by Lamar Hunt (1960), and his son, Clark, took over (as both Chairman and CEO) following Hunt Snr's death in 2006.

Offline Bloo

« Reply #71: December 27, 2018, 07:17:00 PM »
Yes! Give out bobbleheads to people who wear Expos caps, bring back Yuppi for a night, bring out Vladimir Guerrero or Jose Vidro or Livo to throw out the first pitch. Offer discounted ice cream. Have a little on-screen tribute of the Expos before the game and during the innings. It'll be great.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #72: December 28, 2018, 09:34:41 AM »
The Nats really need to look at this as a business decision. It's not just about selling tickets for that one night but will they alienate any fans in the long term with their remembrances of the Expos? I'm not one who feels strongly about this but there are fans who really hate the link to the Expos. It could possibly be because it's a painful reminder of how Washington got bypassed all those years of not having a team.

Offline Briggs

« Reply #73: December 28, 2018, 10:08:24 AM »
Absolutely

Offline Jay

« Reply #74: December 28, 2018, 10:39:17 AM »
I'd like to see the Nats where road uniforms that pay homage to Montreal. Powder Blue with a tri-color curly W on the left chest with Nationals in block don't underneath. Honestly take the old expos "elb" and turn it upside down.

Sure, as soon as the Twins and the Rangers wore Senators uni's.