Author Topic: I, For One, Welcome Our New CF Overlord (The Robles Thread)  (Read 44163 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

I'm not weighing in on Robles but I couldn't help but think if I were Robles I would never grant an interview with Svrluga after the hit piece and I'm sure his friends on the team would do the same. Also, wondering what was the front office's reaction to the article. Do they have a informal policy that states hands off players and families and if so would they pull the "journalists" credentials or limit access?
He didn’t disparage him as a human or his family.  It’s all just honest criticism and how most fans have been feeling.  Maybe Victor will wear a clown nose to mock the writer.

Offline rileyn

I'm not weighing in on Robles but I couldn't help but think if I were Robles I would never grant an interview with Svrluga after the hit piece and I'm sure his friends on the team would do the same. Also, wondering what was the front office's reaction to the article. Do they have a informal policy that states hands off players and families and if so would they pull the "journalists" credentials or limit access?
Svrluga is doing his job.  It's not his job to write glowing pieces on the team and the team should not even think about pulling his credentials.  That would be bad bad bad.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
What to do?

He’s an extra outfielder and pinch runner, that’s all. Start Jacob Young in center, Eddie Rosario in right and Winker — assuming he’s healthy — in left. When Lane Thomas comes back from injury, Young can return to the minors.

But don’t return Robles to the lineup. By now, with a list of blunders and gaffes that extends over seasons, he should have lost Martinez’s trust. Sunday was one game in one season in which Victor Robles’s mistakes made it harder for the Nationals to win a winnable game. But it wasn’t a one-off. It’s a pattern. Pull your hair out, if you have any left.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/05/13/victor-robles-nationals-blunders/

My only quibble is there's no way in heck Young should be sent down when Thomas is back. I would DFA this guy as soon as Call can be recalled.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/05/13/victor-robles-nationals-blunders/

My only quibble is there's no way in heck Young should be sent down when Thomas is back. I would DFA this guy as soon as Call can be recalled.
Don't send Young down. Just DFA Robles or cut bait with Nunez.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Quick arithmetic says that Call must stay in AAA for another week. Nats could declare that Gallo is healed and DFA Robles, but Garrett is the only other OF on the 40-man roster.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Who is playing CF? Thomas stinks in CF. Thats a rough outfield defense.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Who is playing CF? Thomas stinks in CF. Thats a rough outfield defense.
Not sure what Svrluga was thinking when he send Young down when Thomas is back.