Author Topic: MMA and Boxing  (Read 23772 times)

Re: MMA and Boxing
« Reply #250: February 21, 2015, 06:13:20 PM »
Since i follow boxing people always said that its a dying sport.Dying sport or not but these two are guaranteed 250 million usd aside from ppv, live gates and others. They about to break all types of box office records, this is a worldwide spectacle, this will definitely bring back the attention to the sport. Im rooting for pacquiao, i know mayweather will be hard to beat.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #251: February 21, 2015, 08:28:30 PM »
I don't know that I agree that this will bring attention back to the sport. I think it's a huge spectacle and people will tune in and it will be huge for the days surrounding the event but I don't see how it will do anything much after that. In my book Pacquiao has lost some of his killer instinct since he got involved in music :? and politics :smh: and isn't the same he once was. There was a time when I would've bet on Pacquiao to win this fight hands down but no longer. Mayweather refuses to engage fighters so most of his fights are boring as hell and I don't see how Pacquiao is going to able to lure him into a brawl. Besides, at this point Pacquiao is just looking for a big payday. I see Mayweather winning a close decision. I would love to see Pacquiao win so they can be forced to fight a rematch but I don't see it in the cards.

« Reply #252: February 21, 2015, 10:38:43 PM »
Mayweather is not the same either. He got hit a lot against maidana, remember maidana is below the level of these two. Pacquiao in my opinion is more cautious now since the last marquez fight, he boxes more and doesnt darts in recklessly that gives less chance for mistakes less chance for mayweather to counter. pacman also doesnt have the amount of activity he once have during his peak but floyd is not a volume puncher either. Mayweather fights usually are one sided that is why some casual fans call it boring, maybe bacause he really doesnt throw much and doesnt have a one punch ko power. But its really boxing, "hit and dont get hit". I dont know, its definitely a close fight this is why im so excited. This is a once of a generation fight, whatever the outcome of this fight this two are future hall of famers and two of the best in history.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #253: February 21, 2015, 11:20:24 PM »
Mayweather fights usually are one sided that is why some casual fans call it boring,

:lmao:

« Reply #254: February 22, 2015, 02:04:20 AM »
this wont be one sided either way. Pacquiao will force the action thats for sure, mayweather will have his moments countering manny. people cant stop talking about this fight for more than 5 years now we can all shut up now and just watch.

« Reply #255: March 11, 2015, 09:04:41 PM »
Floyd has the size advantage against Manny. But we know Manny has beaten much more bigger boxers than Floyd. Cant wait for May 2

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #256: March 11, 2015, 11:34:14 PM »
Doesn't Manny have Parkinson's? How is this fight even legal?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #257: March 11, 2015, 11:40:41 PM »
I hope these two cum stains pound each other into oblivion so I don't have to see their dumbasses waste time advertising for this pathetic "fight" again.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #258: March 12, 2015, 12:26:00 AM »
Mayweather is a goddamn piece of crap. I hope Pacquiao puts him in the hospital. Oh, and does anyone not connected to the mafia actually give a damn about boxing?

« Reply #259: March 12, 2015, 12:51:57 AM »
Mannys trainer Freddie Roach have Parkinson disease but manny dont have.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #260: March 12, 2015, 08:11:13 AM »

:wtf:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #261: March 12, 2015, 08:12:23 AM »
I hope these two cum stains pound each other into oblivion so I don't have to see their dumbasses waste time advertising for this pathetic "fight" again.

Mayweather is a goddamn piece of crap. I hope Pacquiao puts him in the hospital. Oh, and does anyone not connected to the mafia actually give a damn about boxing?

:lmao: How do you not give a crap about something yet bother to post about it?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #262: March 12, 2015, 09:30:51 AM »
You bring up a good point but my problem is this "fight" is going to be a goddamn disgrace.  I might have given a crap about this if it happened eight or so years ago but now?  No way. I know there's no bigger draw than these two hasbeens pounding themselves into a dementia state but it's going to be boring as crap and pathetic.

I used to really love boxing back when Roy Jones Jr was legit but now these guys are all bums and the sport seems hellbent of proping up sacks of crap like Mayweather as something other than a washed up bum that couldn't read a page out of the Cat in the Hat without stuttering 25 times.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #263: March 12, 2015, 10:10:54 AM »
You bring up a good point but my problem is this "fight" is going to be a goddamn disgrace.  I might have given a crap about this if it happened eight or so years ago but now?  No way. I know there's no bigger draw than these two hasbeens pounding themselves into a dementia state but it's going to be boring as crap and pathetic.

Can't argue against this. I'm still going to watch. :lol:

« Reply #264: March 12, 2015, 07:52:39 PM »
..Mayweather as something other than a washed up bum that couldn't read a page out of the Cat in the Hat without stuttering 25 times.
he is also a woman beater and a racist. as a person i dont like him but what we can do? People pay a ton of money watching his fights, usually rooting against him.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #265: November 15, 2015, 12:55:49 AM »
Rousey loses, 2nd round tko.  Wow. Douglas-Tyson level upset?

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #266: November 15, 2015, 01:41:58 AM »
I guess. Rousey's personal life has been shut and she has been spending more time on magazine and movie shoots than in the gym.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #267: November 15, 2015, 01:55:17 AM »
She got her ass kicked. Wasn't close. Wow.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #268: November 15, 2015, 02:02:24 AM »
Had to go to the hospital

Online imref

« Reply #269: November 15, 2015, 07:40:04 AM »
She got her ass kicked. Wasn't close. Wow.

That kick to the head was brutal. 

Online HalfSmokes

« Reply #270: November 15, 2015, 08:54:49 AM »
So is her hype gone now- wasn't everything based on her being the most dominant female fighter ever?

Offline Slateman

« Reply #271: November 15, 2015, 09:02:56 AM »
So is her hype gone now- wasn't everything based on her being the most dominant female fighter ever?
I want to see how she comes back

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #272: November 15, 2015, 09:14:55 AM »
That kick to the head was brutal.

Not to mention two more shots to the head after she was already helpless laying on her back after the kick.  What a fine sport. 

Online imref

« Reply #273: November 15, 2015, 10:35:31 AM »

Yep. She was the MMA's Tyson who brought in the casual fan.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #274: November 15, 2015, 11:21:28 AM »
Not to mention two more shots to the head after she was already helpless laying on her back after the kick.  What a fine sport. 

What would you prefer?  It's a "combat" sport, it's supposed to be brutal.