Author Topic: 2012 Season Roll Call  (Read 40268 times)

Offline Coladar

Re: 2012 Season Roll Call
« Reply #525: July 21, 2012, 08:39:17 PM »
Coladar if you don't understand day games than you don't understand baseball. Consider revisiting your priorities.

I understand baseball just fine, thanks. Missed this thread, so a late reply dragging a buried discussion up, but I digress. Day baseball in April and late September is fine. Day baseball in the South in summer is retarded. It has jack crap to do with understanding baseball, don't hand me that. Forgive my arrogance if I don't enjoy paying money to sit in 100 degree heat and burn. In 2005 I tried to hit a few day games, ended up drenched in sweat with a nasty sunburn each time.

Obviously people still enjoy it, but my idea of a fun time is not to sit in the blazing sun and sweat like a pig whereas at a night game, even on the hottest days, it is tolerable. That has NOTHING to do with understanding baseball. Its a personal preference, and if you enjoy getting burnt and having to drink water every five minutes to stay hydrated on the extreme days, which is basically every July and August day game in DC, more power to you. I don't. Understanding baseball has zero to do with it, regardless. Just because baseball once upon a time was played in the hottest of days means jack crap. Guess what, homes weren't air conditioned a hundred years ago. Do you turn your AC off on heat index of 120 days to get that "olde time living" experience?

I can promise you the players don't enjoy it. Seriously, show me quotes where current Nats say they love playing in over 95 degree heat, I'll give you one ticket to my seat during an August day game for each one over three players you find. There'll be some nuts, but I guarantee most players prefer night games. So do they not understand baseball?