Author Topic: Happy Thansgiving week! 🦃 🍁🍂 🍻🥃🍷🍾  (Read 697 times)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I'm ticking off the minutes until I tomorrow afternoon when I can take off for Orlando to spend Thanksgiving with my grandbabies and son, what's everyone else up to?

Offline 1995hoo

My parents live in Fairfax and they’re hosting this year. We will bring sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce (ask me if you want the recipe....super-easy), and pecan pie. (I have a better pie recipe that doesn’t include liquor, but it takes longer to make and includes a ton more sugar, which is a problem for my father.  If anyone wants that recipe, let me know and I’ll post it—I’m off work all week.)

I'm thinking about making a run down to either Port City or Fair Winds for a growler fill to bring along as well so as to avoid consuming too much liquor.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
just a small family gathering, no more grandparents. :(

I'm making a 13lb turkey, homemade cranberry sauce, stuffing, green beans and bacon, sweet potato mash, and parker-house rolls (store-bought).

I used to follow Alton Brown's turkey cooking method that starts with a 500 degree sear for 30 min, but it always sets off the fire alarms.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Daughter's flying in this evening (solo, her first ever such adventure   :pray:  ), and I'm picking up the turkey today at the Lancaster Dutch farmer's market in G-burg's backyard.

Will be hosting again this year, and trying to steer clear of political discussions.    :?

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I think this will be the first Thanksgiving I'll be soloing it.  Brother and sister-in-law have been hosting since Mom stopped about 15-20 years ago. I was my parents driver up to NH for all holidays.  This year, I've been up the past 3 weekends on separate trips. I've got a major brief due in a couple of weeks, and just having been up in NH to care for Dad for a week, I just can't take more time.  It'll be CCSP for me Thursday.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Daughter's flying in this evening (solo, her first ever such adventure   :pray:  ), and I'm picking up the turkey today at the Lancaster Dutch farmer's market in G-burg's backyard.

Will be hosting again this year, and trying to steer clear of political discussions.    :?

:shock:  I remember the picture of her when she was just a little girl (was it Zack Day? :lmao:)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

:shock:  I remember the picture of her when she was just a little girl (was it Zack Day? :lmao:)

May 21, 2006, she was 7.   Nats had just brought Zack back for a last, very brief stint with the club.

My daughter's 19 now.   :shock:               :old:

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, especially to Chief for continuing to provide this forum. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, especially to Chief for continuing to provide this forum.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Gobble.   Gobble.    Gobble.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Best all.  Didn't make it 2/3 of the way through the Thanksgiving beer list before the wine took over, but it's all good.

We do in fact have much to be thankful for.  My cousin's daughter had a tumor the size of a lemon removed from her brain, but the prognosis is good.  My daughter is home from college for a few days and appear not to have starved to death.   And the turkey was edible. 

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
How old is your cousin's daughter ?

Best all.  Didn't make it 2/3 of the way through the Thanksgiving beer list before the wine took over, but it's all good.

We do in fact have much to be thankful for.  My cousin's daughter had a tumor the size of a lemon removed from her brain, but the prognosis is good.  My daughter is home from college for a few days and appear not to have starved to death.   And the turkey was edible. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
How old is your cousin's daughter ?

Mid 30's

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Did anybody have too much to eat ?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Did anybody have too much to eat ?

Yes! Because my grandbabies didn't want anything I cooked other than crescent rolls lol those kids don't know what they missed out on!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Just woke up from food coma.  Happy belated Thanksgiving all  :D