Author Topic: Wizards (2023-2024) - Officially Rebuilding  (Read 6070 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

So if that trace happens looks like CP3 to the Clippers is dead.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
this is where we could use Cope to weigh in. Reporting is the porzingus deal would be a 3 way: KP to Boston, Brogdon to the Clips, Morris and choices to the Wiz. Reports are based on the Athletic as picked up by Boston.com.

Offline Natsinpwc

this is where we could use Cope to weigh in. Reporting is the porzingus deal would be a 3 way: KP to Boston, Brogdon to the Clips, Morris and choices to the Wiz. Reports are based on the Athletic as picked up by Boston.com.
Maybe Galinari to Wiz also. KP has till end of the day to opt into his contract.  Seems like a win for everyone.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Galinari would be a nice piece. Also there's talk about Grant Williams, which would really be a nice piece. 

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Latest from Wojnarowski at ESPN:

KP to Boston
Brogdon to LA Clippers
Marcus Morris, Amir Coffey and 30th pick to Washington

Offline Natsinpwc

Galinari would be a nice piece. Also there's talk about Grant Williams, which would really be a nice piece.
But we want to lose as many games as possible.

Offline Natsinpwc

Would like to see them take Marcus Sasser with the 30 pick. Small but hard nosed and a good shooter. 

Online imref

Pingus trade falls apart per ESPN. Sigh….

Offline Natsinpwc

Pingus trade falls apart per ESPN. Sigh….
Oh my.  KP screwing us like Beal?

Offline Natsinpwc

https://twitter.com/Underdog__NBA/status/1671708978559225856?cxt=HHwWgMDUra-djbMuAAAA

Cliippers backed out over concerns about Brogdon’s health per this report.

Online imref

Back on with the Grizzlies as the third team. Wiz get Tyus Jones and the 35th pick. Boston gets two first round picks from Memphis and KP from the Wiz. Memphis gets Marcus Smart.

Online imref

Finberg:

Full trade details:

Celtics:
Kristaps Porzingis
‘23 & ‘24 FRP’s (via MEM)

Wizards:
Tyus Jones
Danilo Gallinari
Mike Muscala
Pick No. 35

Grizzlies:
Marcus Smart

Wiz move back five spots from original trade and pick up a starting-caliber PG in Tyus Jones. I can live with that.

Offline Natsinpwc

Don’t think that is accurate.

Offline Natsinpwc

Don’t think that is accurate.
Never mind. Seems right.

Online imref

Wiz management have to be giddy that KP agreed to exercise his option.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I never thought the Celts would move Smart. Muscala is a big who can shoot. As for Galinari, he was supposed to be a big help last year but got hurt in the pre-season and more or less did not play. Expiring contract in the mid-range exception, I think.

I guess the Celts feel that Brogdon and White can cover in the rotation, and they keep Pritchett to see if he can develop a bit. I think this impacts the Celts depth but makes the short rotation better IF everyone is healthy. That's a big if with KP, and Brogdon was hurt down the stretch. Perhaps they keep Grant Williams now.

Offline Natsinpwc

Wiz management have to be giddy that KP agreed to exercise his option.

Yea. I assume he only did so to go to Boston who will presumably work to extend him.

Offline Natsinpwc

I never thought the Celts would move Smart. Muscala is a big who can shoot. As for Galinari, he was supposed to be a big help last year but got hurt in the pre-season and more or less did not play. Expiring contract in the mid-range exception, I think.

I guess the Celts feel that Brogdon and White can cover in the rotation, and they keep Pritchett to see if he can develop a bit. I think this impacts the Celts depth but makes the short rotation better IF everyone is healthy. That's a big if with KP, and Brogdon was hurt down the stretch. Perhaps they keep Grant Williams now.
Yea. They are taking a risk given KP’s health and how essential Smart has been to the team. I would argue that Smart is the best player in the deal and not even considering salary. 

Would assume the Wizards are looking at more trades. They now have four point guards and little else.  Jones. Morris. Wright and CP3. Hoping for Whitmore or Hendricks in the draft tonight and that they manage to trade up for another first.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I think the Celts value the picks, too. They have dealt their last few 1sts for White and Brogdon, so they need to restock.  These can also be wheeled in a deal if a hole develops in the roster.

But losing Smart hurts a lot. There's more Tatum jerseys, but he's pretty darn popular up there, moreso than Jaylen. He was also someone who could tell Jayson to play his role. Alpha dog. He's the type of pest they like in Boston, in the Pedroia tradition. I'd say Marchand, but he's a bit more chippy and regarded as dirty. Smart is a much cooler but hard-nosed player. Much better head. Flops rather than sucker punches. Only complaint about Smart was his heaving up 3s late when he's cold shooting. Dumb shots, but not afraid in the clutch time.

Online imref

Yea. They are taking a risk given KP’s health and how essential Smart has been to the team. I would argue that Smart is the best player in the deal and not even considering salary. 

Would assume the Wizards are looking at more trades. They now have four point guards and little else.  Jones. Morris. Wright and CP3. Hoping for Whitmore or Hendricks in the draft tonight and that they manage to trade up for another first.

Yeah, the Wizards roster today is probably very different then it will be on opening day.  Wizards now pick at 8, 35, 42, and 57. 

Online imref

:hysterical:

Greg Finberg
@GregFinberg
·
9h
Best buzzer-beaters in NBA history:

3. Michael Jordan vs Cavs (1989)

2. Dame vs Thunder (2019)

1. Michael Winger & Will Dawkins in the Porzingis trade (2023)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Re: Wizards (2022-2023)
« Reply #96: June 22, 2023, 03:47:12 PM »
Wizards talking to GS about a CP trade
Turns out you are right.  Jordan Poole and some future draft picks.

Online imref

Turns out you are right.  Jordan Poole and some future draft picks.

Per ESPN: Protected 2030 first-round pick and a 2027 second-round pick.

Seems odd for a few reasons:
- why did Phoenix cut CP if he had trade value?
- 4 years / $140 million left on Poole's contract

So the new backcourt is Poole and Jones, with Gafford, Deni, and Kispert up front.

That's not....terrible.

Online imref

Final details on the Beal trade per Wojnarowski:

Washington and Phoenix have finalized the Bradley Beal trade, landing the Wizards six second-round draft picks and four first-round pick swaps, sources tell ESPN. Suns are sending seconds in 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2030. Pick swaps in 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030.

And they flipped CP3 for GSW's protected picks.

That's a lot of freaking draft picks.  And i'm sure they aren't done yet. Now, can they do anything to move up or add another first tonight?

Online imref

GS's first-round pick is top-20 protected.