Author Topic: Major Rule Changes being considered  (Read 10551 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: Major Rule Changes being considered
« Reply #75: February 07, 2019, 04:48:54 PM »
I don't know how you call bullcrap on a guy that says he's hurt and he's not.  I think this a layer that doesn't need to be piled on the game.  You only have so many pitchers anyway...at some point it has to stop...especially if you end games after 12 innings.

That's what I think anyway...

I think that you could fix people claiming to be injured by mandating some amount of time until they can pitch again. For instance, If a guy comes out because he's hurt, then he has to go to the DL (or some other amount of time where he can't pitch.) So if you really want a guy to come out and he's not injured, totally fine, but you have a dead roster spot for 5 days or you lose your reliever for 10. There probably is some detail I am missing, but that's the overall gist.

I also think this is better overall for pitcher health. There would be FAR fewer times you would have to warm up pitchers and not bring them in if this rule was in place. Martinez Loved to "dry hump" the relievers, which they claim results in a lot of injury. So I think overall it's better for safety.