Author Topic: amazing belliard highlight reel (pre-nationals)  (Read 4571 times)

He makes two or three plays in the highlight video exhibiting the skills required to make this play. Not the same play, but the ability to throw the ball out of his glove and make other no look plays.

I think that if that play were to be able to be duplicated, he could probably make it 7 or 8 times out of 10

I know AZ makes it easy to disagree with him on some points but the spinorama is a great play. 

And there is no way that ball is thrown hard enough to end up in left field. Worst case, felipe misses it and takes 4 steps to pick it up, with no runners advancing

Gotta say that is BS.  He could only make that play three times out of 10 in those same circumstances.  I'm not necessarily saying it was tossed hard enough that Ryan Church would have to come up from his position but a missed ball is a missed ball.

Again, it is pretty to look at.  I admit that.  But as a feasible everyday play he shouldn't be doing it because like I said he wouldn't hit it again.  He got the ball, it somehow ended up in the right glove for an out, we are happy.