Author Topic: amazing belliard highlight reel (pre-nationals)  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Dave B

This play would be on a completely seperate reel, "The Bonehead Reel", if he would of flopped that out into the outfield rather than luckily into the guy covering 2B.  He couldn't make this play again and he shouldn't even be trying to.  He got to the ball which was great, I don't deny that.  But its what happens after which makes it just plain dumb luck.

He makes two or three plays in the highlight video exhibiting the skills required to make this play. Not the same play, but the ability to throw the ball out of his glove and make other no look plays.

I think that if that play were to be able to be duplicated, he could probably make it 7 or 8 times out of 10

I know AZ makes it easy to disagree with him on some points but the spinorama is a great play. 

And there is no way that ball is thrown hard enough to end up in left field. Worst case, felipe misses it and takes 4 steps to pick it up, with no runners advancing