Author Topic: Biggest Surprise Player for the Nats in '08?  (Read 4196 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Biggest Suprise Player for the Nats in '08?
« Reply #25: January 09, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »
That would sure cut down on the number of postings if we had to be positive all the time in every thread! [crickets chirping] [tumbleweeds tumbling] :lol:

You'd have to delete my account :?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #26: January 09, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »
From most people's perspective, include the Nats coaching staff, who are a lot more expert than any of us in here, that statement would include Elijah Dukes.

nope. exclude the nationals coaching staff. include a bunch of close minded message board habitants. why in the world would we trade for dukes if we didn't have confidence in him?!

bowden has emphasized that he believes that dukes will prosper as a national.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #27: January 09, 2008, 03:59:02 PM »

Bowden believes that Kearns, Wily Mo, Milledge, Maxwell, and a few others will prosper, too. And we didn't really give up much for Dukes, btw.

« Reply #28: January 09, 2008, 04:00:25 PM »
nope. exclude the nationals coaching staff.

Wait, am I reading that right?  Are you really saying you think YOU have more of a realistic perspective than the WASHINGTON NATIONALS COACHING STAFF?! :shock:

Why are you here?

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #29: January 09, 2008, 04:04:51 PM »
Wait, am I reading that right?  Are you really saying you think YOU have more of a realistic perspective than the WASHINGTON NATIONALS COACHING STAFF?! :shock:

Why are you here?

reading is fundamental. you misinterpreted what i wrote.

by exclude the coaching staff i meant they are the ones that have confidence in dukes abilities, i said include the close minded message board inhabitants (like yourself) because you guys are the ones that don't have confidence in him. 

is that good enough clarification for you? want me to dumb it down some more?

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #30: January 09, 2008, 04:07:33 PM »
is that good enough clarification for you? want me to dumb it done some more?

don't know about anyone else, but dumbing it done sounds too confusing for me.

« Reply #31: January 09, 2008, 04:08:11 PM »
reading is fundamental. you misinterpreted what i wrote.

by exclude the coaching staff i meant they are the ones that have confidence in dukes abilities, i said include the close minded message board inhabitants (like yourself) because you guys are the ones that don't have confidence in him. 

is that good enough clarification for you? want me to dumb it done some more?

Watch your mouth, you little crap.  Your the one that can't clearly write or communicate your own thoughts, how worthless they are.  Your stupidity has gone from entertaining to downright annoying.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #32: January 09, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »
don't know about anyone else, but dumbing it done sounds too confusing for me.

Good catch ronnynat.  lol

Watch your mouth, you little crap.  Your the one that can't clearly write or communicate your own thoughts, how worthless they are.  Your stupidity has gone from entertaining to downright annoying.

:rofl:  I'd give anything to get everybody in the same locked room (or cage) so we could have these discussions face to face (a world in which cyber balls don't exist) and see how they evolve.  :lol:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #33: January 09, 2008, 04:26:47 PM »
Good catch ronnynat.  lol

:D One thing I've learned, never spell stuff incorrectly while talking crap on a message board. You're bound to lose at least the battle.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #34: January 09, 2008, 04:32:16 PM »
nope. exclude the nationals coaching staff. include a bunch of close minded message board habitants. why in the world would we trade for dukes if we didn't have confidence in him?!

What part of dumbass land are you from? Since when do players involved in a minor league trade (Gibson for Dukes, both minor leaguers) become a major league event? The ONLY REASON the trade got coverage in DC was because of Dukes' past. Had he been a sweet smelling angel in a baseball jersey, he never would have gotten traded in the first place. The reason the Nats shoved him on their 40-man roster, was to protect him from the Rule 5 draft, because had they not done it, it would have been the same as giving Gibson away for nothing.

Yes, but Bowden did not say when

Let me guess, your daddy installed the diving board over the shallow end of the pool right?

Also, I want an official statement from you as to what you will do if (and when) Dukes ends up riding the pine after Austin Kearns wins the right filed job... Come on, smart mouth, tell everyone exactly what you'll do. As for us, we've all said we would praise Dukes if he wins a job, but you keep avoiding the issue...

So come on, let's see if you have the balls to make a declaration, once and for all...

natsfan1a

« Reply #35: January 09, 2008, 04:39:44 PM »
Nah, that's not true. :)

You'd have to delete my account :?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #36: January 09, 2008, 04:42:12 PM »
Nah, that's not true. :)

Checks and balances. :lol:

natsfan1a

« Reply #37: January 09, 2008, 04:58:26 PM »
:lol:

Offline Air Zimmerman

« Reply #38: January 09, 2008, 05:03:15 PM »
Also, I want an official statement from you as to what you will do if (and when) Dukes ends up riding the pine after Austin Kearns wins the right filed job... Come on, smart mouth, tell everyone exactly what you'll do. As for us, we've all said we would praise Dukes if he wins a job, but you keep avoiding the issue...

i will banish from this board...FOREVER if dukes is not named the opening day starter.

haha, gotcha!

seriously though, if dukes is not named starter i will accept the fact. it won't bother me as much as you would imagine. i can settle for him being the fourth outfielder. i am just thrilled that we have his tremendous talents on this team. the day we traded for him was easily the most exciting transaction in my history as a nationals/expos fan. i can't wait for it to really sink in and see him blast 400 foot bombs in a nationals uniform. dukes may indeed not be the opening day starter, but i guarantee that he will seize every opportunity which will eventually lead to him being our right fielder of the future.

Offline daveb32

« Reply #39: January 09, 2008, 05:42:50 PM »
Back to the topic at hand..

Chico.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #40: January 09, 2008, 05:45:55 PM »
Back to the topic at hand..

Chico.

10+ wins Chico or better?

Offline daveb32

« Reply #41: January 09, 2008, 05:49:41 PM »
I think Chico will be surprising because he will cut down on the BBs and thus lowering his ERA to around 4.25.

I'm sure we're all hoping for this surprise.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #42: January 09, 2008, 05:56:17 PM »
i can't wait for it to really sink in and see him blast 400 foot bombs in a nationals uniform. dukes may indeed not be the opening day starter, but i guarantee that he will seize every opportunity which will eventually lead to him being our right fielder of the future.

Well 400 foot blasts can and have often been caught by fleet footed center fielders. As for for him seizing every opportunity, I'm willing to wager any amount you want, that that wont happen. There is not one player in the majors, now or in the past, who'd played even only a half season, that's made the best of every opportunity they had. So your guarantee is worth nothing more than the paper it's written on.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #43: January 09, 2008, 05:58:27 PM »
On topic, does the "Biggest Surprise" have to be a positive? And no I'm not thinking about injuries or anything like that.

Offline daveb32

« Reply #44: January 09, 2008, 06:03:10 PM »
On topic, does the "Biggest Surprise" have to be a positive? And no I'm not thinking about injuries or anything like that.
Nope. Be as negative as you like :D

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #45: January 09, 2008, 06:05:01 PM »
The Chief will silence his critics (:-[) and drastically cut down on his blown saves.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #46: January 09, 2008, 06:06:52 PM »
The Chief will silence his critics (:-[) and drastically cut down on his blown saves.

:shock: that one was surprising :D

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #47: January 09, 2008, 06:07:22 PM »
:D One thing I've learned, never spell stuff incorrectly while talking **** on a message board. You're bound to lose at least the battle.

If your definition of "suprise" is different from "surprise", this whole thread would be one of the best flanking maneuvers ever executed on a message board.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #48: January 09, 2008, 06:09:44 PM »

As long as it's a player, I figure the "biggest surprise" could be a negative one. But w/ all the pessimists around these parts, it's hard for me to figure too many would go in that direction. :D

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #49: January 09, 2008, 06:11:05 PM »

If your definition of "suprise" is different from "surprise", this whole thread would be one of the best flanking maneuvers ever executed on a message board.

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

:D..that's one word I will misspell many more times in my life. Plus, for some reason the Firefox spell checker doesn't work w/ the thread titles on here. That thing saves me a lot.