Author Topic: This offense could be really, really good  (Read 4738 times)

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Re: This offense could be really, really good
« Reply #50: March 08, 2017, 03:01:23 PM »
RE: Robles...I'd be surprised as well.  My point is that we're fine to see what Werth can give us and then if he's a problem we'll address that later.  No need to make any big move for a replacement LF now.  Shouldn't be a challange to get a corner OF rental bat around the deadline if we need it.  And like I said, there could be an out-of-nowhere surprise internally like Robles fasttracking or heck maybe even MAT or Goodwin breakout.  Not expecting any of those scenarios, but we can wait and see for now.  The core of our lineup is deadly.  We're picking apart the weakest couple of batters.

I'm worried about C, 1B, and LF, in that order.  People seem to have forgotten how much offense we got at catcher last year.  That's not going to be repeated, and the most obvious places to make up for it are at the positions where we were getting suboptimal production last season and where offense is relatively easy to come by.  So yes, picking apart the weakest couple, but related to the larger context.