Author Topic: 2021-2022 Offseason Discussion/Signings/Trades/Rumors  (Read 39435 times)

Offline nfotiu

I'd love this.  IIRC, the publisher / owner of Fangraphs is David Appelman, who lives around DC.  While Cameron and the Fangraphs originals came from the USS Mariner site, I think he was living on the east coast before the San Diego job. OTOH, if he moved out there, why the heck would anyone move back?

He'd be exactly what we need.  Only condition is we don't take Hosmer's contract as a condition of the hire ( :lol: )

And Slate's write. Cameron actually got a lot of surprised comments and some grief for going to that organization just after (or maybe right before) the Hosmer contract because he had been so critical of signing Hosmer long term.

I think these 10+ year deals only make sense if the team wins something in the first half of the contract.   They had a little bit of success in 2020, but if this year wasn't a blip and they have a few down years, then that contract is going to be a boat anchor for a while in a couple years.  It's really hard to objectively justify 10+ year contracts to 26 yo hitters no matter who they are.