Author Topic: If you predicted the Marlins locker room would implode pat yourself on the back  (Read 1561 times)

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Not that this was particularly tough to see coming but check it.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8420672/miami-marlins-heath-bell-says-hard-respect-manager-ozzie-guillen

Quote from: ESPN
Miami Marlins reliever Heath Bell was critical of Ozzie Guillen during a radio interview Monday, hinting that he does not respect the Marlins' opinionated manager.

Bell, who was removed from the closer role after struggling earlier this season, made the comments on "The Dan Sileo Show" on 560 WQAM in Miami.

"It's hard to respect a guy that doesn't tell you the truth or doesn't tell you face-to-face," Bell said. "There's probably reasons why."

Bell, 34, has a 5.19 ERA and has converted just 19 of 26 save opportunities this season, his first since signing a three-year, $27 million contract with the Marlins.

Bell has posted a 3.12 ERA since the demotion from the closer role but said that Guillen has not given him the opportunity to reclaim the job.

"I stunk in April, plain and simple," Bell said. "I said I stunk, I worked hard, I busted my butt. I think I've had a tremendous second half. I'm not closing -- I know that. But I just kept my mouth shut because I want to regain what I had, and I feel like I can't do that."

Bell initially declined to comment directly about Guillen during Monday's interview, saying only, "it's been an interesting year with Ozzie."

But although he did not state Guillen's name, Bell eventually offered harsh criticism, presumably directed at the mercurial manager.

"It's just one of those things that -- what you see is what you get," Bell said. "I'm not going to be two-faced. I'm not going to sneak around your back and say this and that."

Bell's comments came one day after Guillen told Fox Sports Florida that he defends his decision to replace Bell with Steve Cishek. But Guillen also told the website that Bell would be given the opportunity to close again in 2013.

Guillen also made headlines on Friday when he made public comments that reportedly angered Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria.

"If Jeffrey doesn't think I'm doing the job I should do ... it's not the first time he's fired a manager," Guillen told reporters Friday in New York. "Look yourself in the mirror and ask why so many (expletive) managers come through here."

The last-place Marlins own a 66-87 record in Guillen's first season with the franchise. Bell would not say whether he wanted Guillen to return for 2013.

"We need a guy that leads us that everybody respects and looks up to," Bell said. "That's what we need."