Author Topic: Restart roster - 60/40, 30, 28, 26, sometimes 27, plus 3 ...  (Read 4297 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Yadiel Hernandez sent back to Fredricksburg to make room for Stevenson.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Yadiel Hernandez sent back to Fredricksburg to make room for Stevenson.
I could not quite understand adding him to the 40 man roster. Would we have had to next year?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

I could not quite understand adding him to the 40 man roster. Would we have had to next year?

Yes, 2020 is his fourth professional season in the US.  But are they really worried about losing a 32 year old via Rule V when they've had the dude in the upper minors for 4 years and not really given him a shot?

And speaking of superannuated Cubans stuck in AAA, Rusney Castillo is a free agent this winter.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Tbh, somebody should give Castillo a shot. He would have been up with the Sox the past 3 years except they wrre in luxury tax hell and, because he had been waived off the 40 man, his salary did not count to the luxury tax. Overpaid? No doubt. But MLB skills? Pretty likely.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Tbh, somebody should give Castillo a shot. He would have been up with the Sox the past 3 years except they wrre in luxury tax hell and, because he had been waived off the 40 man, his salary did not count to the luxury tax. Overpaid? No doubt. But MLB skills? Pretty likely.
Hes Hernandez

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Maybe, but he wasn't doing it at 27, so that makes it less likely that he'd do it at 33. 

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline imref

alright, back in April who predicted that this would be our lineup?

RF Andrew Stevenson
SS Trea Turner
LF Juan Soto
1B Asdrúbal Cabrera
DH Brock Holt
C Kurt Suzuki
2B Luis García
3B Carter Kieboom
CF Victor Robles

Offline Elvir Ovcina

alright, back in April who predicted that this would be our lineup?

RF Andrew Stevenson
SS Trea Turner
LF Juan Soto
1B Asdrúbal Cabrera
DH Brock Holt
C Kurt Suzuki
2B Luis García
3B Carter Kieboom
CF Victor Robles

If you told me that would be the Nats' lineup on September 21, I'd have been elated because that looks like a post-clinch victory cigar of a starting nine, and a road interleague game seems like a nice relaxing way to celebrate the onset of fall. 

Offline imref

who's Paolo Espino?

MLBTR:
Espino, 33, could now log major league action for the first time since 2017 – his only season in the majors thus far. He posted a 6.00 ERA with 7.5 K/9 and 3.75 BB/9 in 24 innings between the Brewers and Rangers then, but divided the previous two years among the Triple-A affiliates of those teams and the Nationals. Overall, he has recorded a 4.21 ERA with 8.2 K/9 and 2.1 BB/9 in 657 2/3 innings at the minors’ highest level.

Offline blue911

who's Paolo Espino?

MLBTR:

The guy who sang Mambo #5

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator

The guy who sang Mambo #5
I thought it was the somewhat less popular Mambo #4, the prequel, which is why he is obscure?

Offline imref

remaining healthy/uncut from the opening day 60-man roster:

Pitchers:
Braymer
Corbin
Espino
Fedde
Finnegan
Harper
Harris
Hudson
McGowin
Sanchez
Scherzer
Suero
Voth

Batters:
Cabrera
Garcia
Noll
Thames
Turner
Hernandez
Robles
Soto
Stevenson
Taylor

Offline Elvir Ovcina

remaining healthy/uncut from the opening day 60-man roster:

Pitchers:
Corbin
Fedde
Finnegan
Harper
Harris
Hudson
Sanchez
Scherzer
Voth

Batters:
Cabrera
Thames
Turner
Robles
Stevenson
Taylor

And from the opening day 30, you can cut it down to what I just did.   That's rancid.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
And from the opening day 30, you can cut it down to what I just did.   That's rancid.
well, Soto was an upgrade. Also, were Gomes and Studzuki out?

Offline Elvir Ovcina

well, Soto was an upgrade. Also, were Gomes and Studzuki out?

Not that I know of, but I just used imref's list and applied the Jurassic Park fallacy.

Offline imref

Not that I know of, but I just used imref's list and applied the Jurassic Park fallacy.

I missed the catchers, I was going off a tweet of the 60 man that the team put out at the beginning of the season.