Author Topic: Playoff Ticket Sales & Metro Situation  (Read 6590 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Playoff Ticket Sales & Metro Situation
« Reply #200: October 08, 2019, 08:44:34 AM »
There are a lot of NLCS tickets left. Wonder if they'll go quick after the Nats win on Wednesday or if people will hold out for prices to drop like today.
The Nats SPH base is low enough that there's a lot left for the public.  FWIW, NLCS were the last tickets to go in my playoff ticket draw.  Plenty of folks committed to the World Series early in the draft, while others grabbed the NLWC and the NLDS.  I think the World Series folks were in different groups - gone to the NLDS before, go big or stay at home, etc...  NLWC wanted the guaranteed game, and the NLDS were a bit value  and likelihood.  NLCS either grabbed the left overs or were "I've seen the DS, so I want the next level."  For me, I gamed my draw, grabbing WS 3d home game early, then waited for my 2d pick to grab whatever NLCS was left knowing how my draft works.  NLCS is just less of an urgent buy than the other rounds.

Offline hotshot

« Reply #201: October 08, 2019, 09:00:56 AM »
Boswell's column this morning had the attendance last night at 36,800 and some change. Means at least 4500 unsold/unused seats.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #202: October 08, 2019, 10:10:58 AM »
Didn't sell out last night? Is that what I'm hearing?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #203: October 08, 2019, 10:40:47 AM »
Boswell's column this morning had the attendance last night at 36,800 and some change. Means at least 4500 unsold/unused seats.

Lots of empty seats around us that I know were sold because they didn't show up as available. Their loss, I'm fine with fewer people there.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #204: October 09, 2019, 08:17:54 PM »
Didn't sell out last night? Is that what I'm hearing?

Definitely didn't sell out.  I got my ticket for about 2/3 of face value.

Great crowd though. Weirdly young up in the 300s (I don't buy  expensive seats when I go by myself because I walk around.)  Noisy. Not many Dodgers fans either.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #205: October 12, 2019, 09:13:37 PM »
Metro has announced it will stay open late for all remaining playoff games.

https://wtop.com/dc/2019/10/dcs-transportation-plans-for-the-nationals-playoff-run/

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #206: October 12, 2019, 09:17:36 PM »
:clap: