Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1  (Read 13004 times)

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
Re: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1
« Reply #650: June 27, 2016, 11:06:14 PM »
Love to know what Dusty said to Ross when he visited the mound.  Whatever it was, it worked.
"That chick you're looking at in the stands instead of the catcher says she and her hot friend will sleep with you if you don't give up another run."

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #651: June 27, 2016, 11:08:03 PM »
:w:

Evening started off terrible.  Got home from work to find the dog had had some gastrointestinal issues during the day.  Things got better when my wife cooked up this delicious shrimp casserole she makes.  Then, things take a turn for the worse.  Thought the dog had gotten it out of him, but right before the game started I hear a sound like someone squeezing out the last remnants from a ketchup bottle.  Dog craps on kitchen floor.  Then Nats go down 4-0.  Then things turn up.  Give the dog some Pepto, Nats come back, dog's mud butt is gone, and all is well.   :)
How did your dog like the shrimp casserole?

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
« Reply #652: June 27, 2016, 11:27:43 PM »
Love to know what Dusty said to Ross when he visited the mound.  Whatever it was, it worked.

"Bush did 9/11, go get 'em young man".

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #653: June 27, 2016, 11:28:12 PM »
"Bush did 9/11, go get 'em young man".

:hysterical:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #654: June 27, 2016, 11:45:16 PM »
ATTENDANCE at this match: 33,109 (79.8% full) 

:uk:
This match is being repeated on MASN at
Scheduled for 11:30 pm tonight, begun at 11:50pm
and 9:00 am tomorrow morning

Online orders only at DC area Papa Johns:
Discount code nats50 for 50% off your entire order. 

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #655: June 28, 2016, 08:12:14 AM »
:lmao: did anyone listen to the Mets broadcast??? I'm replaying the 5th inning and there's this glorious exchange:

Ron or Keith: (something about old song references)
Gary: Yeah, but can we reference any hit songs from the past 40 years?
Ron: Yeah, Keith, you should talk about Drake every once in a while.
Keith: Is that a duck?

I always have the Mets broadcasters when they play the Nats. Since I live in NYC, the Nats broadcast is blacked out.

By the 7th or 8th, Thorne, Darling, and Hernandez were talking about managers, like Terry Collins and Dusty, who have bridged baseball generations. Approximately: current ballplayers are more self-assured. It requires a special talent from a manager to get through to them. I remember, said Keith Hernandez, when Davey yelled at me in front of the whole team after I'd made a bone-headed play. A coach could also give you an earful. Not any more.

Nats were in process of scoring their 11th run and the Mets broadcasters had run out of things to say.

A good game to watch.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #656: June 28, 2016, 10:29:40 AM »

Evening started off terrible.  Got home from work to find the dog had had some gastrointestinal issues during the day.  Things got better when my wife cooked up this delicious shrimp casserole she makes.  Then, things take a turn for the worse.  Thought the dog had gotten it out of him, but right before the game started I hear a sound like someone squeezing out the last remnants from a ketchup bottle.  Dog craps on kitchen floor.  Then Nats go down 4-0.  Then things turn up.  Give the dog some Pepto, Nats come back, dog's mud butt is gone, and all is well.   :)

:wtf:

:lol:

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #657: June 28, 2016, 12:10:39 PM »
Mud butt doesn't go away that quickly. Be home early and in your seat for Gio tonight.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #658: June 28, 2016, 02:57:42 PM »