Author Topic: How to watch games (permanently) out of DC area?  (Read 1259 times)

Offline RL04

Let's say I move and there is no MASN and I still want to watch Nats games.
Is there a way to do that?

I see there is a thing call MLB.TV but that seems to be for streaming games on portable devices (smart phones, etc.).

I suppose I could get a device like ROKU and hook that up to my television but is there some kind of regular old TV channel I can subscribe to and get Nats games?

Thanks.

When my divorce is (someday) final, I might move further out somewhere.  Who knows.   :shrug:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

I see there is a thing call MLB.TV but that seems to be for streaming games on portable devices (smart phones, etc.).

I suppose I could get a device like ROKU and hook that up to my television but is there some kind of regular old TV channel I can subscribe to and get Nats games?

Thanks.

When my divorce is (someday) final, I might move further out somewhere.  Who knows.   :shrug:

MLB Extra Innings - http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/mlb

MLB.tv if you have a PS3 or XBOX360 also works.

Offline monkeyhit

I buy something called Extra Innings from my cable company (about $200/season).  It gives you every MLB game every day/night and most of them in high def.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball

Thanks.

Where do you live? In upper Manhattan, Time-Warner cable has MLB games up around channel 430. And, yes, there is always MLB.TV.

Offline RL04

Hhhmmm ... thanks.

Extra Innings seems to be a mostly Direct TV thing.
Verizon says it's part of "In Demand."

Oh well.  We'll cross that bridge, I guess, when I get to it.

Where do you live?

Virginia.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Hhhmmm ... thanks.

While I will extoll the virtues of DirecTV, Extra Innings should be available on all cablesystems, Dish Network and Fios as well.  It will cost extra no matter what you have (including DirecTV).

That said, switch to DirecTV and give them my name and we'll each save $100 on our service bills.  :lol:

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Thank you, Senator Kennedy.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
While I will extoll the virtues of DirecTV, Extra Innings should be available on all cablesystems, Dish Network and Fios as well.  It will cost extra no matter what you have (including DirecTV).

That said, switch to DirecTV and give them my name and we'll each save $100 on our service bills.  :lol:

That's pronounced Men-tee, right?

Offline RL04

Thank you, Senator Kennedy.

The problem, of course, is that he crossed the bridge sideways.

Offline NatsDad14

RL04, Do you have access to the uncensored forum of this message board? If so, I have a thread on it that can answer your question.

Offline DPMOmaha

Seconded.  Give them my name too...

Also, I don't think it's on Dish Network.  They only just added MLBNetwork this year.  I had Time Warner cable for a while at the start of this year before switching back to DirecTV ASAP and we only had two HD games at a time and usually only had the home broadcast available for each game, so there weren't a ton of Nats games on in HD, which was really frustrating after having all games with both broadcasts available in HD.  Other cable companies might handle that differently.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
Hhhmmm ... thanks.

Virginia.

If you live in Virginia, MLB.tv will be blocked out for watching Nats games live.  You can watch the archives an hour or two after the game ends, but you won't be able to watch live :|

Offline PC

http://www.easy-hide-ip.com/

to beat the blackouts.

Offline nobleisthyname

Offline PC

Does this work with MLB.tv?

yes.  i use it to watch whichever Fox Saturday game I want.

Offline nobleisthyname

yes.

Sweet, I'll have to check it out. I'll be able to overlay Charlie and Dave with the video broadcast  :woop:

Offline aussienatsfan

Move to Australia, I can watch every game on my computer or iPad, only cost me $120