Would You Support an Expos Night at Nats Parl

Yes
20 (48.8%)
No
16 (39%)
Don’t Care
5 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Would you support an Expos night at Nats Park?  (Read 4344 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Would you support an Expos night at Nats Park?
« Reply #25: December 26, 2018, 08:20:28 AM »
It's definitely the case that it really is only the transplants like me and Bluestreak or folks who follow the Nationals from out of town who have anything positive to say about the connection of the Expos to the Nationals. Among folks who grew up here, especially among those who go back to before the move of the Senators to Texas, at best there's indifference to the Expos and maybe sort of a "it stinks to lose a team" commiseration with Montreal. 

If Jonah Keri is to be believed, even most Montrealers don't give a [crud] about the former Expos anymore.  It just seems strange that Gary Carter and Andre Dawson are on the ring of honor (honour in Canadian?) but that is it for Expos recognition. It's a bit skitso. I suppose an honor for the 1994 team would be good for them, but I would suspect they'd be happier at a Canadiens game than a DC baseball game.  But it is getting to the point, with Raines, Pedro (who spent more time in Montreal than Pudge did in DC, and won a Cy there), and Vladi, that the Nationals can't really play this down the middle anymore.