Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions  (Read 245165 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #2000: April 25, 2024, 04:52:15 PM »
Yeah, probably best to have the Ballpark app open to show them your enrollment as you walk up, still quicker than waiting to scan your phone.

I wonder how much we're being scanned. Obviously facial recognition. But they must be checking for weapons as well or are we considered trusted. Real question is are they scanning for airline liquor bottles in my pockets?

I was talking to the head of security for Dollywood at a bar one night. They use the same walk through detectors like Walt Disney World does where you don't stop at all. The way it was explained to me is that they only detect certain alloys primarily used in weapons such as knives and guns. Oddly enough, tin dip can lids will trigger them every time too. I can walk right through with my yeti filled with buffalo trace and it doesn't ping me ever. May they use similar systems at Nats Park.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2001: April 25, 2024, 05:00:02 PM »
I think you just have to give the security guard a swig and they will let you pass. :)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #2002: May 01, 2024, 04:41:22 PM »
Just got an email from the Nats telling me they put a $15 credit on my mlb ballpark app for concessions at the park. It's good until the end of the season.