Poll

Who would you rather keep?

Adam LaRoche
68 (60.7%)
Michael Morse
44 (39.3%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Author Topic: Morse or LaRoche  (Read 54389 times)

Offline Mattionals

Re: Morse or LaRoche
« Reply #675: December 21, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »
the conventional wisdom was that once Hamilton went off the market, LaRoche would go to Texas.  That doesn't seem to be the case.  And if I'm Texas, I'm not sure I see the value in paying LaRoche for 3 years and giving up a pick when I've got Mitch Moreland who puts up similar numbers, and is 27.

So I'm guessing now that LaRoche is holding out to see how the Napoli situation is resolved.  There really isn't any other place for him to go other than maybe Baltimore.  Tampa isn't going to give him anything close to what's he asking for.

Agreed.  The Rangers would probably sign Bourn over LaRoche and then modify the game plan from tons of sluggers to having much more speed on the bases with Bourn, Profar, Andrus and Kinsler.  Then have Beltre, Cruz and A.J. knock them all in.

O's won't go over two years and probably won't offer more than the Nats due to fear of him actually signing and then having to cough up the draft pick to the Nats.

Tampa has Loney on the cheap.

LaRoche just won't go to the Mariners because it makes no sense.  They are too far away from competing in a very good and deep division.