Author Topic: Sacre bleu!  (Read 1315 times)

Offline ExposFan87

Sacre bleu!
« Topic Start: October 31, 2019, 09:18:31 AM »
We did it!!!

Offline nats2playoffs

Re: Sacre bleu!
« Reply #1: October 31, 2019, 09:58:04 AM »

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2: October 31, 2019, 10:02:18 AM »
We did it!!!
Welcome back, or Bon jour as I think you would say.  I'm sure this win will do wonder for the poutine sales  in DC!  I hope you caught Pedro's shout outs to Montreal on MLB network, assuming you could watch the TV through the window at Tim Hortons.  Do they still allow you to go there to bathe, or is there a restraining order?  Actually, I should apologize for using the term restraining order - that is a concept in US justice, but I do not know if there is something similar in Montreal.  And Patti, your wife, is she happy too about the Expo franchise? She must feel vindicated about the importance of massage after Max Scherzer's fine performance.  As you have said, she realizes massage makes  her perform better. 

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #3: October 31, 2019, 10:03:54 AM »

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #4: October 31, 2019, 10:10:57 AM »

I remember back in the dark days when the words "Montreal" and "Expos" were dirty words around Nationals Park and you on a very rare occasion saw an Expos hat. Gary Carter and Andre Dawson are great, deserving players, but the ceremony honoring them in 2010 was painfully awkward for everyone involved.

I think it was around 2012 and 2013 when overnight the Nationals started wearing it as a unique badge. Throughout this postseason the Park was filled with plenty of Expos jerseys and hats. I like it now. I used to want to have the Senators history and to send the Expos back for safe keeping. Not any more. Washington DC took in a disastrous franchise, it somehow got even worse on the field, but we turned it around. Own it as a badge of honor. Open arms to Expos fans to be Nationals fans. I would love to see the Nationals break out Expos throwbacks next time they play at Toronto.

Offline miller10

« Reply #5: October 31, 2019, 10:12:49 AM »
I was an Expos fan growing up in the mid 80's and Tim Raines was my first ever favorite player.  I know this isn't Montreal anymore (I really hope they get a new team) but it still feels like part of them are here.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
« Reply #6: October 31, 2019, 10:15:42 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
For all the reasons just posted, if you told me back in 2010 the Nationals would someday wear Expos throwbacks I would call you a liar. I remember it being a horror film watching them wear Expos hats in pregame that I'm certain were thrown in a fire the second they came off the field.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7: October 31, 2019, 10:17:30 AM »
I hope the long timers recall our friend who supplied the opening post.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #8: October 31, 2019, 10:26:56 AM »

Right, :lmao:

Someone found his posts on the Mets (?) forums detailing the trolling -- hilarious.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #9: October 31, 2019, 10:30:19 AM »
I do hope Patty and her trainer helped him celebrate!!

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #10: October 31, 2019, 10:36:16 AM »
I became an Expos fan in April of 1989 when I was drafted by the Okolona Little League Expos Tee Ball team and have waited ever since for this feeling.

Offline miller10

« Reply #11: October 31, 2019, 10:40:21 AM »
I became an Expos fan in April of 1989 when I was drafted by the Okolona Little League Expos Tee Ball team and have waited ever since for this feeling.

That's hysterical.  I rooted for the Expos because my first little league team was called the Expos (1983).

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12: October 31, 2019, 10:49:39 AM »
Right, :lmao:

Someone found his posts on the Mets (?) forums detailing the trolling -- hilarious.
Certain details must be kept on a secured server, or, as they say in French, "Seveur Securise"

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #13: October 31, 2019, 11:23:18 AM »

He is by far the best of the troll posters.  Hell, he's one of the better posters, period. 

Offline ExposFan87

« Reply #14: October 31, 2019, 02:04:42 PM »
Will I see you all at the parade on Rue Ste-Catherine?  We will party like it is 1980!

I am happy to report that mon chéri (French for my cherry) Patti and I have rekindled our love.  At the moment, I am still living in my Peugeot, but we consider WiFi a human right in Canada so I have been able to follow my beloved Expos/Nats.  As for the other cherry of my eye, my sweet Patti, she has been staying with my cousin Hugo who has been so unbelievably gracious to us -- he even lets her sleep in his bed (there is only one bed and the couch is not comfortable).

Regarding the most terrible misunderstanding with Tim Hortons, unfortunately I am still banned from all of their locations.  Fret not, I am taking this matter to the Canadian Supreme Court.  I wrote Justin Trudeau a number of letters and anticipate his response.  I've been sorting through some other legal matters, and that is the reason for my prolonged absence.  On this matter, my public defender Samuel has advised I do not comment.  But I will say, it is outrageous that it is a "crime" to do some very light bathing in a public restroom sink.

Offline expos1994

« Reply #15: October 31, 2019, 03:57:42 PM »
My brother texted me last night after the game and said "They did it... the Expos finally won the World Series" I almost had to wipe my eyes.

Growing up my brother was a Yankees fan and my other brother was a Mets fan. They never understand why I liked a Canadian team. But they accepted it.

... But now we're the CHAMPS!!!!

Offline ExposFan87

« Reply #16: October 31, 2019, 04:11:28 PM »
My brother texted me last night after the game and said "They did it... the Expos finally won the World Series" I almost had to wipe my eyes.

Growing up my brother was a Yankees fan and my other brother was a Mets fan. They never understand why I liked a Canadian team. But they accepted it.

... But now we're the CHAMPS!!!!

Big brothers can be cruel. My older brother Rafa used to trick me into eating dog food. He was quite a trickster. Actually, he would often trick me into the closet and then lock me in there for hours. Once I caught on to him, I would hide a small Walkman in there to pass the time (he never knew!). That is actually how I became a baseball fan. I spent many hours crying in that closet, listening to the Expos on AM radio.

Rafa is now a police officer. We don’t speak any longer. He did something unspeakable on my wedding night.

Sorry to dampen the mood.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #17: October 31, 2019, 04:33:28 PM »
Big brothers can be cruel. My older brother Rafa used to trick me into eating dog food. He was quite a trickster. Actually, he would often trick me into the closet and then lock me in there for hours. Once I caught on to him, I would hide a small Walkman in there to pass the time (he never knew!). That is actually how I became a baseball fan. I spent many hours crying in that closet, listening to the Expos on AM radio.

Rafa is now a police officer. We don’t speak any longer. He did something unspeakable on my wedding night.

Sorry to dampen the mood.

:hysterical:  This is fantastic stuff. 

Offline Trea Burner

« Reply #18: October 31, 2019, 05:15:27 PM »
Best logo in MLB. Les Expos!

Happy for those that remained fans after the move.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #19: October 31, 2019, 05:17:49 PM »
God I miss EF87.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #20: October 31, 2019, 05:31:27 PM »
I hope that, as a nod to history, the Nationals wear an upside down Montreal M on their jersey (which looks like a W).  To signify that there roots are there, but that now they are right side up.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21: October 31, 2019, 05:33:07 PM »
God I miss EF87.
he misses you, as does his wife.  actually, his wife misses you and several of your  friends.

Offline NJ Ave

« Reply #22: October 31, 2019, 05:40:15 PM »
he misses you, as does his wife.  actually, his wife misses you and several of your  friends.

I'll never forget visiting EF87 and Patti in 2008. Wait - no that's not right, only Patti was there.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #23: October 31, 2019, 05:47:17 PM »
If I recall correctly Patty really loved the Yankees but hated the Mets.

Offline ExposFan87

« Reply #24: October 31, 2019, 06:24:42 PM »
Neither of us are fond of the Mets after a very strange and unsettling encounter I had with Mike Piazza in a motel in 1998. I signed an agreement to not talk about it though. Please keep that to this board!