Author Topic: Injuries 2024  (Read 3277 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Injuries 2024
« Reply #125: April 25, 2024, 10:04:05 AM »
https://www.mlb.com/nationals/news/lane-thomas-goes-on-il-before-nationals-loss-to-dodgers

More on Thomas's injury. They are spinning it as mild/ good news relative to the possibilities.

WASHINGTON -- Lane Thomas and the Nationals were relieved when they received the results of the outfielder’s left knee MRI on Wednesday. Following a period of uncertainty, the diagnosis of a Grade 2 MCL sprain was an encouraging outcome.

"Best-case scenario, really,” said manager Dave Martinez.

Echoed Thomas, “I definitely think it could have been a lot worse.”
“The initial pain was pretty intense, but it kind of went away quick,” Thomas said. “I feel like I’ve had a pretty high pain tolerance in the past. … Sometimes [with] those things, your adrenaline, you don’t really know what’s going on until a few hours after when you settle down.”

I'm somebody who likes foot-first slides as a general matter and wished more players slid that way, both because it generally is safer and it's also more intimidating to MIs who try to obstruct. Therefore, it's ironic / disappointing that one of the few players who still slides that way got hurt in a foot first slide.