Author Topic: Playoff Charity Challenge  (Read 2149 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Playoff Charity Challenge
« Topic Start: July 11, 2018, 05:06:22 PM »
Fangraph’s totall legitimate and not full of crap playoff odds still have us winning the division, so there’s that

I would bet my own money that the Nats will make the playoffs.

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Re: What to trade for?
« Reply #1: July 11, 2018, 05:09:41 PM »

What about the division? Frangraphs has us in the lead, which is even funnier when you consider that the Mariners (facing a similar deficit) only have a 2% chance.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #2: July 11, 2018, 05:21:32 PM »
What about the division? Frangraphs has us in the lead, which is even funnier when you consider that the Mariners (facing a similar deficit) only have a 2% chance.

If we dont win the division,  we ain't making a postseason

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #3: July 11, 2018, 05:26:13 PM »
I would also bet Bluestreak's money on the Nats making the playoffs. Who wants to take Bluestreak's money?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #4: July 11, 2018, 06:02:51 PM »

I'll gladly take a piece of that...  ;)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #5: July 11, 2018, 06:03:25 PM »
I would also bet Bluestreak's money on the Nats making the playoffs. Who wants to take Bluestreak's money?

I'm in...get in line...

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #6: July 12, 2018, 06:54:08 AM »

I'll bet you a modest amount and the winner donates the money to his favorite charity

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7: July 13, 2018, 09:10:04 AM »
I'll bet you a modest amount and the winner donates the money to his favorite charity

Anyone else who wants this deal can have it. Nats miss the playoffs, I give money to the charity of your choice, Nats make the playoffs, you give a matching amount of money to mine (No political charities, please).

Who wants in?

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #8: July 13, 2018, 09:36:14 AM »
Anyone else who wants this deal can have it. Nats miss the playoffs, I give money to the charity of your choice, Nats make the playoffs, you give a matching amount of money to mine (No political charities, please).

Who wants in?

If you're doing this with AB, make sure you require that your donation go to the DNC.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #9: July 13, 2018, 10:03:39 AM »
If you're doing this with AB, make sure you require that your donation go to the DNC.

Too funny!! We have already selected an amount and the respective charities and BS asked for no political charities which I honored. And yes I would have asked him to donate to the RNC.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #10: July 13, 2018, 10:49:55 AM »

Who wants in?

I'm in...though I do recall not so long ago you would put money on the Nats winning the Division...  :whistle:

PM me with your suggested wager amount...if you lose...which you certainly will...you will be donating to https://www.bestbuddies.org/

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #11: July 13, 2018, 11:50:06 AM »

Who wants in?

St Jude’s can always use more money, I’m in- pm me on the amount

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #12: July 13, 2018, 11:53:12 AM »
I know the Nats look like crap but I can't believe so many of you are pretty much giving up on them getting it together and winning the division (or rivals coming back down to earth). :shrug:

Offline Ray D

« Reply #13: July 13, 2018, 11:54:14 AM »
I know the Nats look like crap but I can't believe so many of you are pretty much giving up on them getting it together and winning the division (or rivals coming back down to earth). :shrug:
Hey I'm back on the bandwagon after last night.   Lose tonight, I'll give up again.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #14: July 13, 2018, 11:57:31 AM »
Hey I'm back on the bandwagon after last night.   Lose tonight, I'll give up again.

:hysterical:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #15: July 13, 2018, 12:11:23 PM »

It's for a good cause either way...

Offline dracnal

« Reply #16: July 13, 2018, 03:19:45 PM »
It's for a good cause either way...

I certainly want the Nats to hit the playoffs, but it does sound like folks betting against are picking some excellent causes.  Kudos to all of you taking up the gauntlet and making a bet that will have real world positive consequences.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #17: July 13, 2018, 10:06:44 PM »

Who wants in?

:yesyes:

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #18: July 14, 2018, 08:20:11 PM »
 ;)

BS ,Do you want to increase the bet?  ;)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19: July 14, 2018, 11:22:33 PM »

Who wants in?

So I’ve DM’d everyone with the details. The offer still stands for anyone else who wants in. I just ask if you’re going to do it post it here so we can give publicity to the worthy charities.

When the Nats make the playoffs all you guys will be donating to So Others Might Eat, a DC charity that combats homelessness. They do great work. My wife has worked with them extensively. Check out their work.

https://some.org/

Offline NatNasty

« Reply #20: July 15, 2018, 12:29:01 AM »
So I’ve DM’d everyone with the details. The offer still stands for anyone else who wants in. I just ask if you’re going to do it post it here so we can give publicity to the worthy charities.

When the Nats make the playoffs all you guys will be donating to So Others Might Eat, a DC charity that combats homelessness. They do great work. My wife has worked with them extensively. Check out their work.

https://some.org/

I'll bite (fantastic idea btw).  I think they make the playoffs, but, if not, you'll be supporting T1 Diabetes research.

https://www.jdrf.org/ 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21: July 15, 2018, 01:12:17 AM »
I'll bite (fantastic idea btw).  I think they make the playoffs, but, if not, you'll be supporting T1 Diabetes research.

https://www.jdrf.org/

Great!! That’s a great cause.

Mods can we separate the challenge for charities into a separate thread?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: Playoff Charity Challenge
« Reply #22: July 17, 2018, 10:19:27 AM »
This is still available for anyone who wants it.

Offline aspenbubba

« Reply #23: July 17, 2018, 10:59:32 AM »

Would you think it would be OK to list the names  and the charities who have placed a bet with you. No amounts please.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #24: July 17, 2018, 11:06:43 AM »

I want to get in but I don't want to bet against the Nats. Any ideas?

Always looking for reasons to donate to charity. Great idea, btw.