Author Topic: Mark Lerner criticism  (Read 44 times)

Online IanRubbish

Mark Lerner criticism
« Topic Start: Yesterday at 06:38:02 AM »
I wouldn't trade his billions to be Mini Me.  He's a pathetic guy with his fanboy fantasies, fear of the press, and no ability to do anything other than squeeze pennies and nickels he inherited from daddy.  DC sports fans often have low expectations, and one that we need to lose is the "well, at least he's not Snyder" attitude.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Mark Lerner criticism
« Reply #1: Yesterday at 08:11:00 AM »
Split this into a new thread rather than resurrecting a 14 year old thread about a missed catch.  Other mods feel free to revert if that thread has become a catch-all (ha ha) thread for Mark=bad.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Mark Lerner criticism
« Reply #2: Yesterday at 11:21:04 AM »
I agree with your call, Chief. Rule of thumb is give hard thought on dormant threads from more than a season ago. Sometimes it is fun for irony, but more often it's best to try a new thread if it is a new tack. We used to have a ton of LAC vs LANC discussions until it became kind of irrelevant when they were in lux tax territory. I don't disagree they are financially tighter now, whether it's Marky Mark or the In-laws. It's just a new discussion. Also, we've been told that the superlong threads can sometimes be hard to follow, so I'm trying to allow more newer and focused threads.