Author Topic: Follow the Prospects: Tyler Moore, 1B  (Read 12456 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Re: Follow the Prospects: Tyler Moore, 1B
« Reply #50: April 20, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »
I actually can't help but wonder if moving him to LF isn't a bit of a panic move.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe some folks here were saying he's gotten better at 1B in recent years/months, no?

Long-term, this franchise needs 1B.  LaRoche isn't signed after this year, and Morse has injury problems and doesn't have long until free agency.  Meanwhile, outfield could be crowded soon with Harper and Werth out there already and guys like Eury Perez and Destin Hood in the pipeline.

1B is definitely the position of greater need, so maybe they should just keep him there?

Or maybe Morse's injury is worse than they're saying. :?

Eh, this team needs a guy that can put the ball in the seats bad... and Moore can certainly do that.

The way they are handling him will be interesting to watch. If they think they have a shot to compete this year... I can see why sacrificing his development at 1B to help provide a quick fix in the OF makes sense... but if they're looking long term, Moore profiles best at 1B and it would be good for him to continue to get most of his reps there.