Author Topic: Vent Thread  (Read 8812 times)

Offline Mattionals

Re: Vent Thread
« Reply #125: October 13, 2012, 12:03:37 PM »
I was going to start a "How is everyone doing" thread, but I figured it might fall under this thread a bit too much.

Not going to lie, I was devastated and really hurt.  Was at the bar with my friends (Yankees fans) and they were all in for the Nats.  After what happened, I was just shocked and speechless, and so where they.  My Braves friend texted me and said he was sorry, and then promptly said that the Cards never should have gotten in and the 2nd WC is BS.  I also looked at all the tweets that are saying the Cards are Satan's children, lol.

I saw posts on facebook citing Stras as a reason why they lost.  I said he wouldn't have made a difference and some person I don't know commented and said that I was an idiot.  He said that the Braves were better than the Nats at player handling to which I responded with four posts of why that doesn't make any sense at all.  Did the punchlist of points starting with:
A. Both had 160 inning limits
B. Nats had 3.2 runs per game back in April-May and Strasburg shutting out opponents was very necessary at that point in order to win those games
C. If you don't win those games in April-May, you play a bogus one game "play in" that Commander Selig put in because he it brings in more money but rewards a team that has no point being in the post-season
D. Both Medlen and Stras stopped looking as sharp as they neared the higher inning totals

Then I told him not to call me an idiot, and almost called him a bad name but figured, well damn, I'm just too classy for that crap! :D

Anyway, I'm doing alright now.  Have lots of hope for next year, and now the team has the mystical "experience" factor.  Probably the right time to trade Morse, resign LaRoche, find an outfielder who can bat leadoff and play Harper like Defense (I hear Parra is going to be available!!!!) and sign another starter.  Grienke would be my first choice, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to going back to E-Jax as a LAST RESORT.  Lannan will not be offered arb, so here is to a wonderful career of eye bleeding from a dedicated fan and I wish him the best...... In Colorado.