Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Marlins, Game 1 (L)  (Read 15790 times)

Offline sportsfan882

See, what did I say.  Game Over.  This game was lost when Felipe botched that ball

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "Senators2005"
(Image removed from quote.)

That's hilarous ...

Offline rileyn

I don't know what is worse.....losing a game after leaving 15 runners on base, or losing a game where you only have 32 total at bats.

Willie Mays Hayes 00

2morrow should be an even better performance against Dontrelle!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "sportsfan882"
See, what did I say.  Game Over.  This game was lost when Felipe botched that ball

Are you sure? I think all of the Marlin runs were earned ...

Offline rileyn

Quote from: "rileyn"
I don't know what is worse.....losing a game after leaving 15 runners on base, or losing a game where you only have 32 total at bats.

Oh yeah, and this is all against Ricky Nolasco......who by the way had the game winning hit.   Shoot me now.

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
Quote from: "Willie Mays Hayes 00"
2morrow should be an even better performance against Dontrelle!
oh god...please don't remind us.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Oh yeah, and this is all against Ricky Nolasco......who by the way had the game winning hit.   Shoot me now.

Leaving 36 stranded runners is worse ... those Pittsburgh games were root canal ...

Offline sportsfan882

We might not muster a hit against Dontrelle.  Look what we did against a rookie, a rookie that we hammered 2 weeks ago. Just sad.  And look who we have on the mound, O'Connor.   The Marlins should have it alot easier against him than against Armas.  They couldn't catch up to Armas' fastball.  O'Connor throws alot slower.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
We might not muster a hit against Dontrelle.  Look what we did against a rookie, a rookie that we hammered 2 weeks ago. Just sad.  And look who we have on the mound, O'Connor.   The Marlins should have it alot easier against him than against Armas.  They couldn't catch up to Armas' fastball.  O'Connor throws alot slower.

Yet Armas gave up the winning run to the pitcher ...

The pen did well ... 3 scoreless innings ...

Offline nats2playoffs

All the players are now racing to the bars at South Beach, which is like all of Georgetown packed into one or two blocks.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "nats2playoffs"
All the players are now racing to the bars at South Beach, which is like all of Georgetown packed into one or two blocks.
(Image removed from quote.)

Which will be way more fun than watching this game!

Offline sportsfan882

Quote from: "wpa2629"

Armas wouldn't have had to pitch to Nolassco had Lopez fielded the ground ball properly.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Armas wouldn't have had to pitch to Nolassco had Lopez fielded the ground ball properly.

c'mon ... you gotta be kidding - Nolasco is the PITCHER ... you've got to get him out in that situation ....

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

c'mon ... you gotta be kidding - Nolasco is the PITCHER ... you've got to get him out in that situation ....

Besides, he walked the bases loaded before he got to the Pitcher

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Actually that's not true. The botched grounder represented out number 2 moving the runner to 3rd. The next two batters hit singles anyway, and Willingham (the runner that should've been thrown out on the botched play) was thrown out at the plate for out number 2. Therefore the scenario only changed in Armas' head, and I grant that errors and extra outs/runners on base change a pitcher's approach and attitude. But then he walked the number 8 hitter to load the bases and Nolasco got him with the 2 run single. All the runs were earned. A big league pitcher should be able to labor through this from time to time, especially since the runner got thrown out anyway on a bad base running gaffe by the Marlins. Unfortunately most of our pitchers are incapable of bailing themselves out of jams, (mentally weak?). Having said that, the pitching only gave up 4 runs. Ultimately the offense is to be blamed for this loss. They were only able to muster 2 runs in 9 innings.