Author Topic: Food and How You Cook/Eat It (2023 + 2024)  (Read 791 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: Food and How You Cook/Eat It (2023)
« Reply #25: December 19, 2023, 01:22:40 PM »
^Next time I'm up there, I'd really like to try the halibut cheeks at Pike's Market.
Hey keep your weird fetishes to yourself.

Oh I thought your wrote Halle Barry’s cheeks. 

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #26: December 19, 2023, 02:09:18 PM »
We had halibut cheeks sauteed in a bit of olive oil and butter in Alaska. They were incredible.

Halibut fish and chips were spectacular as well.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #27: December 19, 2023, 06:10:58 PM »
Going Seattle end of January.  Mmmm.  Salmon.  Mmmmm.

Still going, after Monday night, then?  :D   Will you be wearing some Iggles merchandise?... ;)

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #28: December 19, 2023, 08:19:22 PM »
Still going, after Monday night, then?  :D   Will you be wearing some Iggles merchandise?... ;)
I plan to be in full playoff regalia.  LOL. Our son is there.  He watched his Commanders lose in person to Seattle.  I actually did not watch last night as it was not on ESPN+.  Just as well. 

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #29: December 19, 2023, 11:06:11 PM »
Hey keep your weird fetishes to yourself.

Oh I thought your wrote Halle Barry’s cheeks. 

Can't really fittingly respond to this without getting moved to Uncensored. :lol:

We had halibut cheeks sauteed in a bit of olive oil and butter in Alaska. They were incredible.

Halibut fish and chips were spectacular as well.

:clap: It's things like that, that make me feel sorry for people who don't like seafood.  But I guess I should be thankful they leave more for people like me.

He watched his Commanders lose in person to Seattle.

Heyyyy, good on him for breaking the cycle of fascism! :hysterical:

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #30: December 20, 2023, 02:37:03 AM »
I plan to be in full playoff regalia.  LOL. Our son is there.  He watched his Commanders lose in person to Seattle.  I actually did not watch last night as it was not on ESPN+.  Just as well.

Hope a great time is had by all.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Gonna try overnight oats tonight. Basic is 2 parts liquid to one of oats? That is, half cup oats to one of water, milk etc...

Offline blue911

Gonna try overnight oats tonight. Basic is 2 parts liquid to one of oats? That is, half cup oats to one of water, milk etc...

Steel cut or Rolled?

Offline HalfSmokes

We do 2 to 1 and use steel cut

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
We do 2 to 1 and use steel cut

I use Bob's Red Mill, package calls for a 3-1 ratio.  Since I add chia seeds, ground flaxseed and some dried cranberries I bump that up to 4-1.  Sometimes that even isn't enough.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Steel cut or Rolled?
rolled.

I'm trying 2:1, then will eat it with honey, blueberries, and walnuts. 

I'm used to quick oats and  regular nuking, but this stuff boils over all my bowls before I cook it the minimum recommended time. I figure I'd try overnight stuff instead. 

Offline HalfSmokes

I use Bob's Red Mill, package calls for a 3-1 ratio.  Since I add chia seeds, ground flaxseed and some dried cranberries I bump that up to 4-1.  Sometimes that even isn't enough.

I feel like that would be soup

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I feel like that would be soup

Not at all, though I haven't tried overnight. I usually simmer for about a half hour before I can't stand it any longer and have to eat.  Bob's Red Mill is probably more chunky and absorbent than say McCann's.

Chia seeds absorb quite a bit, flaxeeds some.  I honestly measure out a full cup and often have to add a tbs or so at the end of the process to keep it soft.  Then pour goat kefir over it (along with adding blueberries, strawberries, whatever) before eating.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
i do 1 cup of milk (almond or oat), 1 cup of rolled outs, a tbsp of chia, and a cup of greek yogurt. I'll usually mix in a bit of honey and some berries.