Author Topic: Nationals @ Reds, Game 2  (Read 21542 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Reds, Game 2
« Reply #400: May 22, 2007, 10:35:33 PM »
There's no law saying you have to log on either.  We aren't a kool-aid...always be happy no matter what board.  Frankly...that would be boring.  The only thing I've seen you post ever...is to complain about other members and make snide comments.  My two cents.
Exactly.   If you don't like what people think or say, then either ignore it or just don't come to this board. 

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #401: May 22, 2007, 10:36:24 PM »
Come on guys...it's called venting....and we're allowed to do so! That's the joy and agony of being a diehard fan.We scream in anger and in joy!

A bunch of people watching together are often this way about a sports team.  Yelling at them for poor play, and then going wild when they win.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #402: May 22, 2007, 10:37:19 PM »
A bunch of people watching together are often this way about a sports team.  Yelling at them for poor play, and then going wild when they win.

(Image removed from quote.)

Precisely!

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #403: May 22, 2007, 10:38:11 PM »
BOYS...... :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

play nice!

NATS WON!! LETS ALL BE HAPPY TONIGHT!! :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #404: May 22, 2007, 10:39:26 PM »
In summary, ranting and raving is part of the threads, and we all (should) do it.  People shouldn't be afraid to speak their mind here, and that means no personal attacks.  Everyone has a different way to express themselves on here, and that's what makes this place so nice.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to close this thread a little early today.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #405: May 22, 2007, 10:51:31 PM »
As a followup note, I didn't mean to imply that people should spend all their time on here, or that many of us don't have other responsibilities, all I'm saying is that if the negative attitudes in the game threads offend some of you so much, why not pop in and start a positive streak?

I also agree with N2P that "real life" gatherings of fans usually have a bit of a critical element as well.  As to why I "put up" with one poster's attitude over another's...  what would you have me do?  I'm not in the business of censoring anyone's opinion.  I can't make everyone happy all of the time, or even any of the time judging from what I've seen lately.  I still think it's a bit hypocritical to pop in here at the END of a thread and say "see, I knew everyone would be pissed and explode when the Nats blew a huge lead."  Well duh!  What would you prefer, that we simply didn't care?  That we were enthusiastic about it?  I feel like some of you think we should all embrace being losers and just accept sub-mediocrity without any further complaint.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #406: May 22, 2007, 10:59:16 PM »
And there's no law saying you must post during a game to somehow "earn" privileges to call out others for their extremely negative outlook of this team.  I don't know why you put up with it.

So I take it, the under your breathe swearing you do while watching the game is not at all the same as typing it out. I hope for your sake, that your twins don't hear your mutterings. If you say you never swear at the TV during a game, you're liar, because everyone does it, in one form or another. the words might be profanities, but they are the same. They are normal fans reacting to situations during a game. If you say you've never done it, again, I say you're a liar.

Don't beat on anyone in here, because they have a negative opinion. The under the breathe mutterings or in this case, typings, are all part of the game.

There's still over 4 months of baseball ahead of us, and quite frankly, I'm tired of reading the same thing over and over again when I read your posts in the game thread. Besides, there's nothing wrong with being negative, be it in here, at the games, or in front of a television, it's a form of expression. It's also good for the human psyche to release it's pent up negativity.