Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3  (Read 71618 times)

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 3
« Reply #200: October 03, 2010, 07:45:20 PM »
Gosh, you clearly didn't read Bill Ladson's tweet that the pitching overachieved this year!

Oh, I read that, and then just shook my head in disagreement. I don't understand how anyone can use Nats pitching and overachieving in the same sentence. It is true that the offense was weaker than it should have been. But you can blame that on an organizational obsession with not playing the best performers and giving the most at bats every game to the guys with the worst OBP. Injuries down the stretch didn't help either. We were essentially playing a AAA lineup. Espinosa had a similar rookie debut as Desmond did last year - started off red hot, then tanked. But it is realistic to expect Esinosa to have a 2011 at the plate more like Desmond's 2010. So that bodes well. SP is the issue. They have decent options to fill out a bottom of the rotation, but they have to add a top arm and one more reasonable option to be respectable.

This year showed the team stretch itself into the realm of respectability with some key pre-season additions. They just don't have enough depth.