Author Topic: Um: John Lannan Appreciation Thread?  (Read 19493 times)

Offline Roarin Storen

• #teamlocke
Um: John Lannan Appreciation Thread?
« Topic Start: April 06, 2008, 11:19:39 PM »
Sure, most of us fans here love us some Lannan, but I feel like talking about it.

This dude rocks, remember his debut last year? I made this banner back then:

It was too big to use here, but it still ROCKS!

Today he was great - he deserved the win. Honestly I was happy he got the quality start!

Stat line for 4/6/08:
IP... H...R...ER...BB...SO...HR...ERA
6.2...7...2...2....3.....4.....1.....2. 70

DO YOU APPRECIATE THE LANNSTER?! ARE YOU A LANNAFAN?

BTW, anyone know if he is sticking with 31? Why did he have 26 last year?

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Re: Um: John Lannan Appreciation Thread?
« Reply #1: April 06, 2008, 11:34:30 PM »
Look no further than my sig.  I'm a Lannan fan.

Offline LetsGoNats

• We're Nat Gonna Take It!
« Reply #2: April 06, 2008, 11:35:56 PM »
He pitched pretty well, especially after he seemed to get over the early jitters.  I thnk if he can start working from ahead in the count, he'll be fine.

Offline Roarin Storen

• #teamlocke
« Reply #3: April 06, 2008, 11:38:14 PM »
Nice, we got a few Lannafans in here. Yeah he was pitching from behind and in some pressure situations today. I think he handled his mistakes very well.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #4: April 06, 2008, 11:46:25 PM »
It'd be be absolutely ridiculous if we sent him back down when Hill comes back. He's shown that he belongs in our rotation. Not bad for an 11th round pick.

Offline eagleskins

• BANNED FOREVER
« Reply #5: April 07, 2008, 12:35:15 AM »
When he gets the walks down, he can be dominant. 

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #6: April 07, 2008, 01:16:39 AM »
Besides Rauch or Rivera, i think he's our most poised pitcher

Offline KyleScha

« Reply #7: April 07, 2008, 05:55:58 AM »
The progress he's made is amazing. From having a 4.70 ERA in A ball in 2006 to absolutely dominating the minors in 2007 and succeeding in the majors as well. I didn't watch the game but I think he certainly deserves to stay in the rotation after all he's done.

I think when Hill comes back they should just release Perez or send Chico down if hes not pitching well. Lannan deserves to be up here until he shows otherwise.

« Reply #8: April 07, 2008, 07:35:07 AM »
The kid is EARNING the love. Not just having it handed to him. 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #9: April 07, 2008, 11:22:51 AM »
I think he was just average in terms of stuff yesterday, and had trouble finding the strike zone. That umpire was a complete moron and hosed Hanrahan and Lannan big time. However, he did not lose his cool at all, and made through a bunch of innings when he didn't have his A game, which I admire. An ace he is not, however.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #10: April 07, 2008, 11:26:37 AM »
lannan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> chico

natsfan1a

« Reply #11: April 07, 2008, 11:35:43 AM »
I didn't see the game, just heard it, but props to Lannan for the quality start.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #12: April 07, 2008, 11:35:48 AM »
lannan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> chico

They're both better than Perez at this point, IMO. I don't think Perez is terrible, but I do think he should be our "in case stuff happens" pitcher. I'm not sure he'd accept that role, though.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #13: April 07, 2008, 11:49:27 AM »
They're both better than Perez at this point, IMO. I don't think Perez is terrible, but I do think he should be our "in case stuff happens" pitcher. I'm not sure he'd accept that role, though.
Not after starting opening day

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #14: April 07, 2008, 11:55:57 AM »
Not after starting opening day

True. It's not that I don't think the guy will be successful every 2 or three starts, but it's just more beneficial to this team to give the younger guys w/ equal to greater talent the experience at this level.

bbq552

« Reply #15: April 07, 2008, 11:59:25 AM »
He is my favorite Nat and should have the rotation spot instead of Bergamnn, Whenever he gets called up to start I picking him up in Fantasy Baseball, has not dissapointed yet

bbq552

« Reply #16: April 07, 2008, 12:01:53 PM »
Lannan could also very well be our second best pitcher at 23. Sure he won't be an ace but if he pitches about 2-3 ER and 6-7 IP he will be in our rotation for a long time.

Offline Hondo

« Reply #17: April 07, 2008, 02:07:32 PM »
Lannan really needs to be in the rotation...

I say dump king....move Chico to the pen and let Lannan have the 5th spot.

bbq552

« Reply #18: April 07, 2008, 02:10:06 PM »
Is there anyway to connect Nat's officials? lol and tell them we want Lannan to stay

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #19: April 07, 2008, 03:03:22 PM »
Both Lannan and Chico sport WHIP ratings (walks and hits per innings pitched) of 1.50 or more (in both 2007 and 2008.)  Keep it below 1.30 if you actually want to WIN games consistently. 

As has been said by others, the 2008 Nationals do NOT have a #1 or #2 pitcher in the starting rotation, which reflects the front office's belief that people will pay top dollar at a new stadium to see a substandard product.

natsfan1a

« Reply #20: April 07, 2008, 03:19:34 PM »
:lol: Nice pic. Looks like Alastair Sim as Scrooge?

Offline Roarin Storen

• #teamlocke
« Reply #21: April 12, 2008, 05:52:34 PM »
Ok guys, not such a great day for us Lannafans or Lannan himself. He was alright against most Braves EXCEPT Francoeur.

The line:

Washington.........IP....H....R...ER... .BB...SO...HR
Lannan (L, 0-2)...4.0...9....6....6.....4.....2.....1   

His season ERA is now a bloated 6.75. If the Nats get idiotic and send him down or something I am going to lose it.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #22: April 12, 2008, 08:57:30 PM »
How can you say he was alright about most of the Braves? Did you see the game? McCann owned him and Lannan didn't even try against Jones. On one of the plays, though, the ump squeezed him on 3 straight close calls leading to a walk, then a home run or double or something.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #23: April 12, 2008, 08:59:56 PM »
from mlb.com
Lannan acknowledged that he didn't follow pitching coach Randy St. Claire's game plan, and he paid the price. After the game, Lannan spent almost an hour watching video with St. Claire.

"They called for pitches in, and I left them over the plate," Lannan said. "I really didn't follow the game plan. Last night, [Matt] Chico followed the game plan almost to a tee. I completely did the opposite. I have to move on.

:roll:

Allowing JF to rack up 7 RBIs is just inexcusable. That hacker will swing at almost anything. He'll get his hits, but you don't allow a guy like that to do that damage.

Offline Roarin Storen

• #teamlocke
« Reply #24: April 16, 2008, 10:03:34 PM »
I live in New York and I am GOING to Lannan's start tomorrow against the Mets, I sure hope I see a win. Last time I saw the Nats vs. the Mets (in New York) it was Hanrahan's (whom I was a big fan of) first start and he pitched very well while at the same time hitting well (he got a TRIPLE in that game). The Nats won that game, but later on in the year I traveled to Washington and saw the Nats play the Mets again (was not intentional) and I saw Chico start. He blew. Hopefully Lannan has a more Hanrahan like game tomorrow night.

I also bought a Lannan shirt in the MLB store and it should get to my house in like 10 days. I am pumped for that.