Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1  (Read 17044 times)

Offline Potomac Cannons

Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1
« Reply #25: August 17, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »
No worries.  They probably do have the better lineup, I just don't think it's by a considerable margin.  One concern I have is this is a big outfield with big gaps and we've got Morse and Mench on the corners.  Otherwise, it's a pretty even matchup tonight, IMO. 

Yeesh.  We really do have those corner OFs tonight.  Guess the idea is to outhit them.  I think the Braves are proof of how close we are to contention.  With the lineups healthy we've got a better 3-4-5 but don't yet have the other spots filled with consistent bats.  Bernadina, Desmond and Kennedy could go a long way towards changing that for the last 6 weeks of the season.

We may have more talent at SP, especially once Znn and Maya show up, but the consistent 6-7+ IP starts aren't there yet.  Our bullpen is good enough to compete with theirs. 

Really, filling out the lineup, shoring up some of the defense, and getting the SPs here and plugged in isn't as difficult as it sounds.  We've got the pitching already with more getting close to being ready.  We've got legitimate possibilities in CF and SS with another SS and a C coming up.  I would expect the defense to improve and that may be part of the FA class.  It's not that far away anymore.