Author Topic: Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 1  (Read 12642 times)

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 1
« Reply #425: August 11, 2015, 10:26:05 AM »
Now that was a fine bit of late-night radio last night...now let's see if they can keep it up with a Cy Young finalist on the mound and Crawford, Ethier and Gonzalez back in the side.

Offline dracnal

« Reply #426: August 11, 2015, 10:28:40 AM »
I hope ya make it.    I quit during Lent (not for religious reasons) every year.    It's amazing how much better ya feel.    But then, baseball season starts    ...

Thank ya. I quit earlier in the year for a month and then dealt with cripplingly unpleasant sciatic pain. It became a convenient way to fall alseep again.  But that's just a bad approach in life and I figure it's a poor example for the kids. I keep telling em to live up to a certain standard - might as well set a better one for myself  :twisted:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #427: August 11, 2015, 10:31:52 AM »
Thank ya. I quit earlier in the year for a month and then dealt with cripplingly unpleasant sciatic pain. It became a convenient way to fall alseep again.  But that's just a bad approach in life and I figure it's a poor example for the kids. I keep telling em to live up to a certain standard - might as well set a better one for myself  :twisted:

As I recall the story, a lady once came to Gandhi and wanted him to tell her son how bad candy was for the child.    Gandhi said to give him a month.    The woman came back in a month and Gandhi proceeded to tell the child about candy's bad effects.     The woman asked Gandhi why he had to wait a month to tell the child such a simple lesson.    He responded that he had to give up candy before he would tell the child to give it up.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #428: August 11, 2015, 10:54:01 AM »
I guess Yunel was pretty good at 3rd again last night...as always.

On the radio program, Phil Wood said only two things he thought would make the Nats a better team and one was to move Anthony back to third.  I forget what the other one was, but I don't think it made a lick of sense either.