Author Topic: Pro Wrestling, Recycling the Stars of the 90s and 00s....(2017)  (Read 18743 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Ivan Koloff has died.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Looks like Drew Galloway is done with TNA. He has gotten really damn good since leaving WWE. They'd be fools to not bring him back and give him a significant push.

Offline imref

Did anyone see Josh Barnett's first TNA match?  He's awful in the ring and looks to be completely out of shape. Not a good first move for Jarrett and crew.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Did anyone see Josh Barnett's first TNA match?  He's awful in the ring and looks to be completely out of shape. Not a good first move for Jarrett and crew.
Acquiring even somewhat good talent is gonna be very difficult for TNA now that WWE will sign anyone with talent. That I guess lust leaves the bottom of the barrel geeks that WWE passed on like Mike Bennett and disgraced former MMA guys. In any case, it also looks like the Hardyz may leave as well. Rumor has it that TNA wants an exclusive contract or at least more control over their outside bookings. These tweets from Reby seem pretty ominous:

https://twitter.com/RebyHardy/status/836271298384912384
https://twitter.com/RebyHardy/status/836271550693322752

*EDIT* Well, there it is then. And yes, Pro Wrestling Sheet is credible.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/broken-matt-jeff-hardy-not-signing-impact/#.WLR_H_nyu00

Can't wait until the Raw after Mania. "Brother Nero! I knew we'd come!"

Offline imref

Meltzer says it's likely the Hardy's are heading back to the WWE and that we'll know for sure soon as TNA is scheduled to tape this Thursday.   I've started watching Impact again simply for their segments.  Their travels to different promotions to win their belts has been fantastic.   It would be the perfect cumulation of the angle to have them appear in MacMeehan's WWE to take the tag titles from Gallows and Anderson.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Meltzer says it's likely the Hardy's are heading back to the WWE and that we'll know for sure soon as TNA is scheduled to tape this Thursday.   I've started watching Impact again simply for their segments.  Their travels to different promotions to win their belts has been fantastic.   It would be the perfect cumulation of the angle to have them appear in MacMeehan's WWE to take the tag titles from Gallows and Anderson.

I mean, I still think that Enzo and Cass get the tag titles at Mania. However, right now, New Day isn't booked for anything aside from being the hosts and they were the ones that Matt called out first. The Hardyz probably start there and move on to the tag titles after. One thing worth considering is that I'm pretty sure New Day eventually reached a point where they more or less just did whatever they wanted with little interference, probably because the tag divisions in WWE are low priority to creative. If they could get to that point, I'm sure the returning legend Hardyz could too. 

Offline imref

I mean, I still think that Enzo and Cass get the tag titles at Mania. However, right now, New Day isn't booked for anything aside from being the hosts and they were the ones that Matt called out first. The Hardyz probably start there and move on to the tag titles after. One thing worth considering is that I'm pretty sure New Day eventually reached a point where they more or less just did whatever they wanted with little interference, probably because the tag divisions in WWE are low priority to creative. If they could get to that point, I'm sure the returning legend Hardyz could too. 

I wonder if Impact does a segment deleting the Hardy's?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
I wonder if Impact does a segment deleting the Hardy's?

I suggest a segement where Jarrett comes into the ring and pisses on photos of Galloway and the Hardys. Afterwards, he explains that just like old days, they don't care about making money or stars. He then tells us that he hopes we enjoy the following matches; Mike Bennett vs. Aron Rex and Eli Drake vs. Tyrus.

Offline imref

Matt Hardy confirms that they are done with TNA.  Meltzer says that TNA is claiming ownership to the broken Matt/brother Nero characters but Hardy says he owns them.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
So I'm hearing that the Hardys were in Pittsburgh yesterday. WWE does their medical tests and stuff in Pittsburgh.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Add Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis to the list of TNA departures. That completely destroys one of their most popular long-running angles and leaves everyone remaining who was involved in it with nothing. 

Offline imref

Albert Del Rio was close to joining Impact but now it's not happening due to the recent change in creative.

What are the odds that the Hardy's show up next week on WWE TV?  I imagine they could do a segment where Gallows/Anderson in the ring complaining that they keep facing the same teams over and over again.  Have the lights go out, a flash, and then the Hardy's are standing in the ring with them.  It would set up a heck of a match at WM.

Offline imref

Hardyz heading to the Japan of New

Offline imref

Alberto El Patron (del rio) did debut at tonight's impact taping.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Alberto El Patron (del rio) did debut at tonight's impact taping.
And now he is champ. Amazing. They didn't want to keep the young guy they turned into a star in Galloway, their top female babyface in Jade, a huge piece of their hottest feud in Maria Kanellis, or the two established stars who got the company more positive buzz than it had gotten in years in the Hardyz, but they did feel that it was worth it to dump what I'm sure was a crapload of money into acquiring a nearly forty year-old complete psycho who wasn't even popular in WWE and then put the title on him? Amazing. They have finally ditched Dixie and, apparently, the TNA name and they have a new ownership group, but they still somehow managed to undo pretty much ALL of the positive progress they made last year despite that! Remarkable!

Offline imref

Ever read "The Death of WCW" Vega? The last edition contained a supplemental section on TNA.  The parallels are astounding.

In other news, Tomoaki Honma took a DDT from the 2nd rope against Jado in a NJPW match this morning and appears to have broken his neck.  He was taken out on a stretcher and was not moving at all.   He's a very popular 'underdog' character who went more than a year without winning a match, always coming close and failing.  He's a great worker and was recently given a push in a tag team with Togi Makabe, a long-time popular 'tough guy' wrestler known as the "unchained gorilla."

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Ever read "The Death of WCW" Vega? The last edition contained a supplemental section on TNA.  The parallels are astounding.

In other news, Tomoaki Honma took a DDT from the 2nd rope against Jado in a NJPW match this morning and appears to have broken his neck.  He was taken out on a stretcher and was not moving at all.   He's a very popular 'underdog' character who went more than a year without winning a match, always coming close and failing.  He's a great worker and was recently given a push in a tag team with Togi Makabe, a long-time popular 'tough guy' wrestler known as the "unchained gorilla."
Indeed I have. A very entertaining read.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
You know, Cody Rhodes would have been a vastly superior choice to put the title on instead of ADR. I'm not a huge fan of Cody, but he actually has legit become a big draw on the indies and I think his treatment as Stardust got a lot of people thinking he deserved better thus gaining him some fans so they might actually have gotten some positive buzz upon pushing him. And while he is lackluster in-ring, he is a pretty charismatic speaker who probably could rise to the task of cutting champion promos.

Offline imref

Impact promised to bring in a huge name for tonight's taping, that turned out to be Adam, now Angel Rose.  He's now part of the new Latin American Exchange with Homicide, managed by Konnan.  Jim Ross now appears to be working with them as well.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Impact promised to bring in a huge name for tonight's taping, that turned out to be Adam, now Angel Rose.  He's now part of the new Latin American Exchange with Homicide, managed by Konnan.  Jim Ross now appears to be working with them as well.
Afraid not. This is the actual Angel Rose.

https://twitter.com/savethe_roses

And the new guys who are in the team are indy tag team EYFBO, (Angel Ortiz and Mike Draztic) so no Adam Rose at all.

Offline imref

Thanks for the correction. I saw a tweet earlier that was wrong

Hey, Chris Masters is coming to impact too. Feel the excitement!

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Thanks for the correction. I saw a tweet earlier that was wrong

Hey, Chris Masters is coming to impact too. Feel the excitement!
Another great addition to this youth movement they've spoken of. It really is like Jarrett hasn't watched any wrestling since he quit appearing on TV for TNA in 2011.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
The Hardys just won the ROH tag titles. Will be interesting to see if this is indeed where they have signed long term or if this is just a brief stop to allow them to finally do the feud with the Bucks of Youth before heading to WWE.

Offline imref

The Hardys just won the ROH tag titles. Will be interesting to see if this is indeed where they have signed long term or if this is just a brief stop to allow them to finally do the feud with the Bucks of Youth before heading to WWE.

Meltzer says they will be there for a while.

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Meltzer says they will be there for a while.
One thing I will say is that Dave gets his ROH news straight from Delirious so anything he reports will be slanted in favor of ROH. Having said that though, good for both parties. ROH badly needed some buzz and the Hardys will likely have all the creative control they wanted.