Author Topic: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 1  (Read 19710 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Nationals vs Cubs, Game 1
« Reply #800: June 05, 2015, 08:11:52 AM »
Thinking about what an appropriate end to this game.    Rendon's back, has some hits in his bat, bottom of the 9th, 2 on and a 30 year old rookie gets picked off first by the catcher.    Can't make this stuff up.

Offline PC

« Reply #801: June 05, 2015, 08:30:24 AM »
Thinking about what an appropriate end to this game.    Rendon's back, has some hits in his bat, bottom of the 9th, 2 on and a 30 year old rookie gets picked off first by the catcher.    Can't make this stuff up.

You forgot to add that there was a runner on second so he was on first with no place to go...and he gets picked off.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #802: June 05, 2015, 08:32:25 AM »
You forgot to add that there was a runner on second so he was on first with no place to go...and he gets picked off.

There's that too.   :)    Charlie and Dave asked, "What was he thinking?" in the post game.   They gave the umps a good lashing after the game as well.    It was all around a bizarre game.    At least FP didn't choke on his pizza.      Serious consideration of going tonight just to see this crap in person.    Wanna see if it's real.

Offline Expos

« Reply #803: June 05, 2015, 09:08:26 AM »
WHIP and FIP != pitching talent, Canada. Also "injured" isn't an excuse for anyone. If you can't play well, get off the freaking field. That's for both players and managers.

Whats with all this Canada talk. Because of my username?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #804: June 05, 2015, 09:18:19 AM »
The Stras of last year who lead the NL in strikeouts and had a top 10 WHIP or the Stras of this year who is injured??

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

If he was hurt he shouldn't have kept it to himself. Are you going to school on us your superior Canadian education next?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #805: June 05, 2015, 09:52:06 AM »

Pretending he's not Canada again. :hysterical:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #806: June 05, 2015, 09:54:48 AM »
Old, banned member who objected strongly to any criticism of Strasburg.  Got to the point where he would throw in insults to other members and would not stop with a few warnings and talking tos. The "Expo" name, signing up sometime after Canada was banned, the viewpoints on pitching, led some to think you might just be him with a new name.  Not saying it is true, and some of the other members are over the top in their p'ng and moaning, but now you know where the references to Canada are coming from.  There's a few other classic banned posters - Potomac Cannons (PotCan), InsaneBoost, TribeTime . . . those names will pop up, too.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #807: June 05, 2015, 10:13:36 AM »
come on JCA, don't play into that. :crackup:

Offline Optics

« Reply #808: June 05, 2015, 10:46:26 AM »
Is there a P in MLB who owns us more than Jake Arietta? Tim Hudson I guess...

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #809: June 05, 2015, 10:49:02 AM »
Jason Hammel who we will see in a few days. And Matt Harvey.

Offline Optics

« Reply #810: June 05, 2015, 11:22:34 AM »
Jason Hammel who we will see in a few days. And Matt Harvey.

Well I don't count Harvey because he's a dominant and legit Ace who kills everyone. I'm talking about guys who are in that average/meh category who for some reason dominate us.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #811: June 05, 2015, 11:51:53 AM »

Oh, Canada :crackup:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #812: June 05, 2015, 12:18:22 PM »
come on JCA, don't play into that. :crackup:
I was just getting ready for impersonate another member and doing my best Mathguy with the straight answer.

Offline Expos

« Reply #813: June 05, 2015, 12:54:29 PM »
Old, banned member who objected strongly to any criticism of Strasburg.  Got to the point where he would throw in insults to other members and would not stop with a few warnings and talking tos. The "Expo" name, signing up sometime after Canada was banned, the viewpoints on pitching, led some to think you might just be him with a new name.  Not saying it is true, and some of the other members are over the top in their p'ng and moaning, but now you know where the references to Canada are coming from.  There's a few other classic banned posters - Potomac Cannons (PotCan), InsaneBoost, TribeTime . . . those names will pop up, too.

Gotcha. Well that isn't me although I do like Strasburg, just like most of our other players. Apparently NOT slamming Strasburg can get you into trouble around here.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #814: June 05, 2015, 03:00:30 PM »
I was just getting ready for impersonate another member and doing my best Mathguy with the straight answer.

:worship: