Author Topic: Parcells says: "No bad-character guys."  (Read 317 times)

Offline kimnat

Parcells says: "No bad-character guys."
« Topic Start: December 28, 2007, 12:05:59 PM »
Bill Parcells on Building Dolphins Roster: 'I Don't Want Thugs and Hoodlums on the Team'
Posted Dec 27th 2007 6:11PM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: Dolphins, Miami, Breaking News

New Dolphins head honcho Bill Parcells had his introductory news conference today, and it was an event in which he appeared calmer and more thoughtful than he ever had in media events when he was a coach.

Eschewing his usual coaching sweatshirt for a sport coat and button-up shirt with no tie, Parcells dressed the part of the team executive and offered a few thoughts on what kind of team he plans to build in Miami.

"I don't want thugs and hoodlums on the team," Parcells said of the types of players he'll try to acquire. "I really don't. I don't want bad-character guys. I don't want problem children."

When asked why he has, again, come out of retirement and gone back into competition, Parcells said, "I've quit being ashamed of what I am. I'm a guy who loves football. ... You call it, mabye, a male menopause, when you realize you're no longer ashamed of what you are. ... I can't get the game out of my system. I do love the game very much."

Parcells offered no insight into whether he'll retain coach Cam Cameron, saying only that after the season, he and Cameron "will have a good long discussion."