Author Topic: "Gaming for Life" Pepsi Refresh Project Entry -- Please Vote!  (Read 458 times)

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
A student at my high school has submitted an entry to the Pepsi Refresh Project for $50,000 to help get his idea for a non-profit off the ground, a very cool and practical solution for lifting the spirits of teenage kids bedridden with illness.  Please contribute...all you need to do is vote by following the link below!

http://www.refresheverything.com/gamingforlife

"Unlike most kid's my age I've been struggling with an illness for many years. At one point my illness left me bedridden for 2 years, and my interaction with others came from gaming on the internet. Many times when I lost hope that I'd become better, my friends online kept my spirts up. When I visited Boston, I was able to meet my online friends for lunch, and we still keep in touch today.

This experience has inspired me to create "Gaming for Life." "Gaming for Life" gives the opportunity to homebound and hospitalized children to connect with others through gaming. Patients could apply online for gaming equipment, and names of other patients that they could play with. This would give kids the chance to connect with others that they could relate to. Gaming for life would help inspire those who have found little hope in their lives, and limited interaction with others. Ill children could sign up through their local hospitals or doctors offices to recieve information about our non profit."

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!