Author Topic: MLB.TV woes  (Read 149 times)

Offline jaycat

MLB.TV woes
« Topic Start: April 27, 2024, 03:03:01 PM »
Is anyone else having trouble watching the games on MLB.TV? About every 20 minutes or so, the screen freezes, then goes to "the event will start shortly." So I have to get up and refresh the screen numerous times, missing some action here and there.

I am watching on an HP laptop with an HDMI connection to a TV monitor, if that helps. Using Microsoft Edge browser.

Thanks all.

Offline Natsinpwc

Re: MLB.TV woes
« Reply #1: April 27, 2024, 10:43:45 PM »
Is anyone else having trouble watching the games on MLB.TV? About every 20 minutes or so, the screen freezes, then goes to "the event will start shortly." So I have to get up and refresh the screen numerous times, missing some action here and there.

I am watching on an HP laptop with an HDMI connection to a TV monitor, if that helps. Using Microsoft Edge browser.

Thanks all.
No issues like that for me.

Online nfotiu

« Reply #2: April 28, 2024, 09:59:57 AM »

Thanks all.

Try clearing the cache maybe?  Or go with a cheap roku or fire tv stick if you're watching on a tv.  Less to go wrong.

Offline IanRubbish

« Reply #3: April 28, 2024, 10:30:06 AM »
This happened to me yesterday randomly in the 9th inning.  Had to close the feed, wait a minute, and reopen again and it worked fine.

Issue is on their end.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #4: April 28, 2024, 11:01:26 AM »
This happened to me yesterday randomly in the 9th inning.  Had to close the feed, wait a minute, and reopen again and it worked fine.

Issue is on their end.

Online welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #5: April 28, 2024, 11:51:25 AM »
I watch MLB.TV through Spectrum cable and Chrome. I've never had that problem.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #6: April 28, 2024, 01:10:24 PM »
I’ve had some issues in and off the last week but think it’s my internet.  As things are happening on other apps. 

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #7: April 28, 2024, 02:37:46 PM »
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge/learning-center/how-to-get-best-streaming-performance?form=MA13I2

It is also worth checking that you have no OS, router firmware or browser settings getting in the way (may be there for privacy / security, but interfere with streaming). Update your device drivers and ensure you have the correct OS profile for your monitor (to prevent things like refresh rate issues).

If you feel technically proficient, you could go for the nuclear option and reset your network adaptors. This will require Command Line input, and could create issues which would require further technical proficiency to resolve. Tread carefully - if in doubt, dont!

Best solution - leave The Dark Side and use Linux... ;)