Author Topic: The ballpark is a summer sanctuary. Fans help explain why they missed it so much  (Read 755 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
wow, Welch and WJ73!  I thought one of the pictures was familiar from the M&Gs. 

As for me, I kind of look forward to my pre-game rituals nearly as much as the games themselves.  Picking up a falafel at Max's (I'll miss the argument with BiL, who eventually admitted Max's was pretty good), then popping up to the loft and grabbing a beer while watching the visiting team hit, then walking around the 2d level to either go straight to my seats in 208 or, if it is a bit earlier, going up to the Gallery level and walking around to the ramps on the ramps on the LF side.  Taking in the views, then strolling to my seats and greeting the usher Susan.  Spotting WNFFers when I can, or other folks I know, then settling in for the game and occasionally blurting baseball thoughts to the folks I'm watching with, either in my group or neighbors ("I wish he wouldn't bunt here," "favorable matchup," "his velocity is off," "turn the lineup over and make them burn a reliever" ...).