Poll

Which Max year was better, 2016 or 2017? (reply 865 has some comparitive stats)

2016 - better record, more innings, more Ks
0 (0%)
2017 - better ERA, WHIP, FIP; personal best ERA relative to league; fewer HRs per fly, per IP
10 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: The $210 Million Man - Scherzer Appreciation and Doubts  (Read 76616 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I didn't see that. What had West just done?
I mean .... what does he normally do?

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
I didn't see that. What had West just done?

Took another breath...

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
This is awesome, I wish I knew how to embed just the video of Max muttering "f'ing b...mf'ing b..." for no apparent reason :lol:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/dmv/max-scherzer-is-a-scary-badass-dude/

Offline DPMOmaha

He said: "Make a f'ing pitch, mf'ing b..."

Offline Slateman

Roark was 15-10 last year.  Where does Scherzer end up this year sporting his oh so average 10-8 record?

And I screwed up...Roark is making $530K this year.  So Scherzer makes 56 times what Roark makes.  Worth it?  I think not...

:lmao:

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
:lmao:

Truth...

But hang on..lemme go back to just last year when you said Danny should be our starting Shortstop.   :hysterical: :hysterical:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Truth...

But hang on..lemme go back to just last year when you said Danny should be our starting Shortstop.   :hysterical: :hysterical:

:popcorn:

This could yield another forum classic where Slate coins another phrase that only makes sense to him (but only sometimes).

Offline Slateman

Truth...

Better option than Taylor in CF

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline Slateman

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
Says the guy talking about pitcher wins

Says the guy who wants the worst player in baseball to be the starting shortstop on a contending team...

I guess you want Danny back so we can bench MAT...  :hysterical:

Offline Slateman

Says the guy who wants the worst player in baseball to be the starting shortstop on a contending team...

I guess you want Danny back so we can bench MAT...  :hysterical:
If you can point to where I said that, I'm all ears.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
If you can point to where I said that, I'm all ears.

There are plenty of references to it in the Danny thread...you should remember that, and should be able to find it without any trouble.  If I get home before you do find it, I'll be glad to pull it up.

Offline Slateman

There are plenty of references to it in the Danny thread...you should remember that, and should be able to find it without any trouble.  If I get home before you do find it, I'll be glad to pull it up.
There are references in the Danny thread to where I said that I want to get Danny Espinosa back and bench Michael Taylor?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
A dick swinging contest? 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
A dick swinging contest? 

I guess...Slate likes to start crap from time to time...

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
There are references in the Danny thread to where I said that I want to get Danny Espinosa back and bench Michael Taylor?

I dont that recall that, but that was not the point...and you just said that having Danny at shortstop was better than having MAT in CF. 

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
He said: "Make a f'ing pitch, mf'ing b..."

Moving on...thanks DPM, you are a better lip reader than me and that makes more sense than Max mf'ing the batter who he was probably going to strike out anyway :lol:

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Moving on...thanks DPM, you are a better lip reader than me and that makes more sense than Max mf'ing the batter who he was probably going to strike out anyway :lol:

Max definitely has colorful lip language, I love it when Dusty comes out to test Max's ability to continue.      :rant:

Offline Ray D

Max definitely has colorful lip language, I love it when Dusty comes out to test Max's ability to continue.      :rant:

I seem to recall Matt Williams approaching him, getting halfway to the mound,  Scherzer screaming "get of my freaking mound", and Wililams doing an abrupt about face and heading back to the dugout.  Did that happen or did I dream it up?

Offline whytev

I dont that recall that, but that was not the point...and you just said that having Danny at shortstop was better than having MAT in CF.

Last year that was true.

Offline Slateman

Last year that was true.
This.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
A dick swinging contest? 

I was thinking about callin' the beerman.      :)