Author Topic: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1  (Read 17430 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Nationals vs Mets, Game 1
« Reply #675: April 26, 2011, 10:24:39 PM »
I went to the barber the other day.  I love those shaves with a straight razor and the warm cream....

Sweet Jesus...

So you know Frankie? I'll just leave the Ronco with him.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #676: April 26, 2011, 10:26:12 PM »
No, I meant Jeremy.  You could leave it with him, but I go to get my hair cut once every 3 months about :lol:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #677: April 26, 2011, 10:33:46 PM »
it's desmond's fault 8)

we've lost 5-of-6 games.  pathetic.  and i like the caps and all, but sorry them advancing in the playoffs don't make me feel better.

That's because you're a moron.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #678: April 26, 2011, 10:40:20 PM »
That's because you're a moron.

what?  i just said i like the caps, but them in the next round of the playoffs doesn't make me feel better about the nats

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #679: April 27, 2011, 12:42:13 AM »
what?  i just said i like the caps, but them in the next round of the playoffs doesn't make me feel better about the nats

Would you trade 12 Nats wins for 12 Caps wins starting tomorrow?

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #680: April 27, 2011, 07:54:08 AM »
I am more angry about this game than any other so far this year. Not only because they lost...and lost to the mets...But there was a lot of bad baseball played---even if some of it didnt really hurt us.
                 Absolutely this.... :rant: Time to send some of these players back to the Minors and polish their basics....AND....Time to take a close look at Riggleman and what value he is bringing to producing a winning team..... :bang:

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #681: April 27, 2011, 08:04:06 AM »
Would you trade 12 Nats wins for 12 Caps wins starting tomorrow?

How about we trade owners - Lerners to Caps and Nats to Leonsis -let's see how long it takes for the Lerners to produce a losing Caps team, and Leonsis to produce a winning Nats team. I bet both would take place in a short amount of time...... :mg:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #682: April 27, 2011, 08:21:20 AM »
    ....  Leonsis to produce a winning Nats team  ....

I bet it wouldn't take him as long as it's gonna take him to produce a winning Wizards team.    :)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #683: April 27, 2011, 08:34:36 AM »
This may close the thread, but last night was about the dullest game I've been to at Nats Park.  Sparse and unusually quiet crowd.  A few isolated bombs, but no real sense the Nats were rallying. Sloppy fielding.  I wish Morse could have taken about 20 feet off of one of his flies to right and added it onto another. I did get to drink to one double switch, although I almost didn't because this one made sense.

As for the on-game stuff, incomplete installation of the new refreshment stands was a negative.  The "Bratwurst" I grabbed for food tasted like a dried out Italian sausage.  It was gray, too, rather than whitish, making me think they just blew it, and I've never questioned the competency of the serving staff before.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #684: April 27, 2011, 08:37:59 AM »
This may close the thread, but last night was about the dullest game I've been to at Nats Park.  Sparse and unusually quiet crowd.  A few isolated bombs, but no real sense the Nats were rallying. Sloppy fielding.  I wish Morse could have taken about 20 feet off of one of his flies to right and added it onto another. I did get to drink to one double switch, although I almost didn't because this one made sense.

As for the on-game stuff, incomplete installation of the new refreshment stands was a negative.  The "Bratwurst" I grabbed for food tasted like a dried out Italian sausage.  It was gray, too, rather than whitish, making me think they just blew it, and I've never questioned the competency of the serving staff before.
The offense is helpless this year. Once they get down, it's all over. The only games we can win are low scoring duels.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #685: April 27, 2011, 08:42:37 AM »
I did get to drink to one double switch, although I almost didn't because this one made sense.

Yeah, I liked that double switch.

Sad to hear it was a dull game -- first game back home, Zimmermann on the mound, still early in the season. It was dull in my living room, but I have a hard time getting excited to play the Mets.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #686: April 27, 2011, 08:52:32 AM »
...no hockey scores on the outfield wall last night? I realise the Caps weren't playing but earlier on, they did put up the scores a couple of times even then. They'd better have them up tonight - these are both Game 7's involving Eastern teams and the Caps' second-round opponent will be decided by their results.

Not bad weather really (felt the odd stray raindrop here and there), given the original precip prediction.

Looked a bit fuller than 14,603 (slightly under a third of capacity) last night - are they giving out freebies and not counting them?...also noteworthy is the slow, steady re-introduction of Bud and Bud Light into the beer repertoire - in the 300's several of the in-stand vendors had them and one could also get them on draught from the Nats Dogs behind 309/310.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #687: April 27, 2011, 09:20:44 AM »
i blame storen AND morse.  that ball has to be caught.

That's pretty harsh, blaming a guy who didn't even get in the game.   :roll: