Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1 (Curly W)  (Read 20844 times)

Offline PC

...and it's at the top of the order!!!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "hammondsnats"
i hope you guys know i was just kidding about escobar!

Um yeah ... I think we got that ...

Offline hammondsnats

i wonder when shawn hill is coming back.  random, yes.  curious.

Offline hammondsnats

Quote from: "wpa2629"
i hope you guys know i was just kidding about escobar!

Um yeah ... I think we got that ...

i'm colorblind.  hard to pick up others sarcasm.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
One batter too many .... time for the pen ...

Offline hammondsnats

frank ... why pastacio?  he's pitched a good game.  why leave him in?

Offline sportsfan882

dumb ass Frank.. Astacio should HAVE NEVER came onto pitch this inning..

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
i wonder when shawn hill is coming back.  random, yes.  curious.

Apparently he's scheduled to pitch in rehab in a couple of days.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Ok, let's see what Wagner's got ...

Offline hammondsnats

Quote from: "sportsfan882"
dumb ass Frank.. Astacio should HAVE NEVER came onto pitch this inning..

he really doesn't know how to handle pitchers.  seriously.  pastacio pitched a good game.  bowie/wagner should be out until the 9th.  then chief comes in to close it out.

Offline PC

Now you take him out, after he's given up a run and a triple!

Offline sportsfan882

Ryan Wagner making his National debut

Offline sportsfan882

1 pitch, 1 out

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Guys help. I'm arguing wioth some chick on another website about who's better Sori and Big Papi and she's winnign. I need some argumentative advantage for Sori's Sake.

Heres some of the argument:

LO. The last time the Yankees won a WS Soriano was there. The Rangers were always in Wildcard contention when Soriano was there. T
Teams have never said anything bad about Sori either.

...............My argument^^^

the last time the yankees won a WS they had one of the best teams in the history of baseball and they won multiple with him not being their key player or not even on the team.

wildcard contention?? that means virtually nothing..division contention, yes..but wildcard is really no big deal...papi's clutch hitting puts them at game winning contention, division contention, and yes, world series contention..without papi, ramirez gets walked/pitched around, and the rest of our lineup cannot do shyt.

hmmm, the fact that he's gone to this many teams in so many years a.k.a. not considered the "face" of an organization, whereas we've signed papi through 2011...speaks volumes
....................her response^^^^

Offline PC

I don't want to turn this to a "FIRE FRANK" thread but when a manager makes a decision like that, to use Pedro for another inning, that's so fundamentally flawed...

...it really bothers me!  :x

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Does anybody have any idea where the strike zone is tonight?

Offline sportsfan882

That ump just handed Bonds a walk. That is BS

Offline PC

That home plate umpire has been terrible tonight.

Offline sportsfan882

SORI STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!

Offline hammondsnats

ALFIE!!! ALFIE!!! ALFIE!!!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
AWESOME!!! SORIANO!!!!

Offline hammondsnats

and 20 percent of nats fans wanted to trade him!!! OH MY GOD!

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Quote from: "metssuck"
Guys help. I'm arguing wioth some chick on another website about who's better Sori and Big Papi and she's winnign. I need some argumentative advantage for Sori's Sake.

LO. The last time the Yankees won a WS Soriano was there. The Rangers were always in Wildcard contention when Soriano was there. T

the last time the yankees won a WS they had one of the best teams in the history of baseball and they won multiple with him not being their key player or not even on the team.

wildcard contention?? that means virtually nothing..division contention, yes..but wildcard is really no big deal...papi's clutch hitting puts them at game winning contention, division contention, and yes, world series contention..without papi, ramirez gets walked/pitched around, and the rest of our lineup cannot do shyt.

hmmm, the fact that he's gone to this many teams in so many years a.k.a. not considered the "face" of an organization, whereas we've signed papi through 2011...speaks volumes

Dude .. it's silly argument, Papi is a DH in the American League, Fonsie is an every day player in the NL ... totally apples and oranges ... There's a reason ARod won the MVP last year and not big Papi - they are both GREAT players ... leave it at that ...

Offline sportsfan882

Wagner to hit??  Why not use Bowie in the 8th?

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Quote from: "metssuck"

Soriano can hit for power, run, field, throw.  Papi can hit, and that's it.  that's why he's a DH and not a First Baseman.

and in 2010, she's gonna be crying when Untradeable Papi's bat speed slows down and his hitting skills and power decline, and the only team they can trade him to is the Yankees because of his contract, and the fact that he can't field.