Author Topic: Nationals @ Astros, Game 3  (Read 31903 times)

Offline houston-nat

Re: Nationals @ Astros, Game 3
« Reply #800: July 21, 2011, 06:46:06 PM »
sorry i don't enjoy the stench of losing baseball for this long period.  you must not be a nats fan 8)

Pshaw, I just went to a concert, got a Subway sandwich (English sandwich shops have nothing on Subway), and ate like 6 chocolate chip cookies, and Skyped the young lady I'm leaving for Spain to go hiking with on Saturday. Life is goooooooood. :)

But I do miss baseball. :(
I really miss baseball. :(
Almost as much as barbecue. :(

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #801: July 21, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »
Pshaw, I just went to a concert, got a Subway sandwich (English sandwich shops have nothing on Subway), and ate like 6 chocolate chip cookies, and Skyped the young lady I'm leaving for Spain to go hiking with on Saturday. Life is goooooooood. :)

But I do miss baseball. :(
I really miss baseball. :(
Almost as much as barbecue. :(

just to piss you off for your comments about me not doing anything, i'm going to get BBQ with a hot english chick 8)

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #802: July 21, 2011, 07:24:14 PM »
just to piss you off for your comments about me not doing anything, i'm going to get BBQ with a hot english chick 8)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa

wait hang on
you're lying
you said hot English chick, that gave it away ;)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #803: July 21, 2011, 07:52:35 PM »
You really don't have anything else to do, do you?

It's a slow night at Sliders.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #804: July 21, 2011, 08:11:25 PM »
Well continuing to trot Coffey out there so much when he's in the middle of this crapheap of a "slump" is no way to guarantee that!  Are we trying to SCARE teams away or get them to trade for Coffey?

Well, it's not like Coffey's arm has fallen off or has turned into wild thing Vaughn. He's doing what he normally does, and the results are going to be good and bad. No legitimate baseball person is going to evaluate Coffey's value or lack there of based upon the last couple of weeks of appearances, good or bad. The book on him has been written. I wouldn't expect much in return even if he was mowing people down the last week.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #805: July 21, 2011, 08:11:36 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

wait hang on
you're lying
you said hot English chick, that gave it away ;)

Not true at all. I was banging a hot English chick (au pair) about 6 years ago. I didn't like it when she had to go back. Her friend came to visit and she came here on a mission. She hooked up with a dude the first night we took her out to a club. I guess she figured being away from her country it wouldn't be imputed to her reputation. The girl I was with was upset at how slutty she behaved for the two weeks she was here.  :lmao:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #806: July 21, 2011, 09:49:07 PM »
Not true at all. I was banging a hot English chick (au pair) about 6 years ago. I didn't like it when she had to go back. Her friend came to visit and she came here on a mission. She hooked up with a dude the first night we took her out to a club. I guess she figured being away from her country it wouldn't be imputed to her reputation. The girl I was with was upset at how slutty she behaved for the two weeks she was here.  :lmao:

haha au pairs are slutty. 

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #807: July 21, 2011, 10:02:56 PM »
Well, it's not like Coffey's arm has fallen off or has turned into wild thing Vaughn. He's doing what he normally does, and the results are going to be good and bad. No legitimate baseball person is going to evaluate Coffey's value or lack there of based upon the last couple of weeks of appearances, good or bad. The book on him has been written. I wouldn't expect much in return even if he was mowing people down the last week.

Did you see his numbers over June/July?  This is not necessarily some momentary slump.  The guy has a WHIP over 2 since the start of June.  He was effective before that and has made a dramatic turn to TERRIBLE.

I don't care what his career numbers are.  Relievers are not consistent creatures, so just because he's been a certain way in the past doesn't guarantee anything this year.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #808: July 21, 2011, 10:15:28 PM »
haha au pairs are slutty. 

not all of them.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #809: July 22, 2011, 12:29:15 AM »
I agree

Did you see his numbers over June/July?  This is not necessarily some momentary slump.  The guy has a WHIP over 2 since the start of June.  He was effective before that and has made a dramatic turn to TERRIBLE.

I don't care what his career numbers are.  Relievers are not consistent creatures, so just because he's been a certain way in the past doesn't guarantee anything this year.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #810: July 22, 2011, 12:30:24 AM »

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #811: July 22, 2011, 09:08:17 AM »
Because of locations/timing we'll actually be getting a 'Mid-Atlantic regional doubleheader' tonight - Woes-Angels at 19.05, most or all of which should be in the books by Dodgers-Nats first pitch at 22.10.

Exact same thing tomorrow as well . all on a couple of good days for staying indoors (Yahoo! Weather has us topping off at 104 degrees today, 103 tomorrow). Glad I topped up my beer stash before it really got yucky out.