Author Topic: Nationals @ Brewers, Game 3  (Read 10956 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Nationals @ Brewers, Game 3
« Reply #300: May 25, 2011, 04:24:57 PM »
OK it was not the same umpire that made the same error against us in Toronto. That was CB Bucknor (today
s umpire was Adrian Johnson) in a game where Halladay faced Bacsik. Go to 2007 game thread archives and in game one (June 15) in Toronto page three we are discussing the incident. Langerhans walked to 1B but was called back by the umpire. After a conference the umpires figured it out and got the call right.

This also happened with umpire Bruce Dreckman behind the plate a couple of years ago. Also with Jerry Layne (both time the Dodgers were the beneficiaries of the mistake). Mike Everitt did it (awarding Jim Thome a walk on three balls) in 1996 as a fill-in umpire and was rewarded three years later by being promoted full time to the big leagues.  :lmao:

No worries though, umpire mistakes are just part of the game.  :?

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #301: May 25, 2011, 04:27:58 PM »
My question: Is Rizzo free to make moves, or is he handcuffed by the Lerners?

according to Rizzo, he is, and the Lerners have allowed him to do absolutely everything he wants to, with no financial limitation.

i dont believe that though.

I have a hard time believing that putting together a crappy, low-rate team is exactly what he wanted to do.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #302: May 25, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »
My question: Is Rizzo free to make moves, or is he handcuffed by the Lerners?

The Lerners' budget.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #303: May 25, 2011, 04:37:35 PM »
The Lerners' budget.

(Image removed from quote.)
So you think the Lerners' deserve all the blame? What about Rizzo, what is your take on him?

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #304: May 25, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »
So you think the Lerners' deserve all the blame? What about Rizzo, what is your take on him?
I get the feeling he is handcuffed. Boswell alluded to it last year, any spending or moves have to go before a committee.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #305: May 25, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »
Werth: "I've got some ideas (on what needs to change), and some thoughts, none I really want to share with the world. I think it's pretty obvious what's going on right here."

Asked to elaborate: "I'm not going to get into right now. It is what it is. It's unfortunate. We're a way better ball club."

What the hell is he alluding to? It's pretty obvious what's going on here? What does that mean?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #306: May 25, 2011, 04:50:46 PM »

The Lerners don't deserve the entire blame. But it all starts at the top and trickles down. They deserve the lion's share of the blame because they limit their GM with their budget constraints. Having said that, I can't absolve Rizzo and his philosophy of hot bod's of blame. While I don't believe managers are as important as some on here seem to think (I know people love scapegoats and they are easy targets), Riggleman has to shoulder some blame as well. However, to a degree, I feel bad for him because he has to do interviews everyday about this crap that the Lerners underfunded and Rizzo scotch taped together and he seems like a dead man walking getting more blame than he deserves for trying to host a dinner party where they're serving Spam® topped with Alpo®. I also place a ton of blame on the players but I do recognize that they are limited. Some aren't even MLB caliber players while others are fringe MLB mAAteriAAl.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #307: May 25, 2011, 06:07:37 PM »
It means if Management asks, he's going to tell them what he thinks. That's my opinion.

Unfortunately, there is still very little the FO can do at this point without mortgaging the future. There are no saviors in the minors, there are no big free agents sitting and waiting.

I hope Zimmerman gets back soon. He won't save the season, but he'll make the team a lot stronger.

What the hell is he alluding to? It's pretty obvious what's going on here? What does that mean?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #308: May 25, 2011, 06:14:38 PM »
It means if Management asks, he's going to tell them what he thinks. That's my opinion.

Unfortunately, there is still very little the FO can do at this point without mortgaging the future. There are no saviors in the minors, there are no big free agents sitting and waiting.

I hope Zimmerman gets back soon. He won't save the season, but he'll make the team a lot stronger.

It reminds of the day Livan went crazy and threw his gear into the stands.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #309: May 25, 2011, 06:15:42 PM »
Your new avatar is too similar to houston's old one.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #310: May 25, 2011, 06:17:26 PM »

It's in the theme of my last one, except I'm calling Rizzo a dumb-dumb.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #311: May 25, 2011, 06:18:25 PM »

Yeah I thought it was Houston too.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #312: May 25, 2011, 06:21:03 PM »
Yeah I thought it was Houston too.

Happy?

Offline spidernat

« Reply #313: May 25, 2011, 06:21:55 PM »

Yet people complain that they disrespect the organization by not ranking the farm system higher or by not ranking the MLb club higher in "power rankings".

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #314: May 25, 2011, 06:28:05 PM »
Happy?

Who is that in avatar? I can't tell!!?!?!?

Offline blue911

« Reply #315: May 25, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »

Play Nix every day and stop freaking around. That's what it means.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #316: May 25, 2011, 06:36:37 PM »
This is the first loss in a while where I'm actually fuming.  Usually it's a depressed or sad feeling about missing out on opportunities.  I'm actually pissed we have to put up with this crappy product. 

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #317: May 25, 2011, 07:07:41 PM »
I have no idea what Werth is alluding to. There are tons of holes on this team, no fix seems obvious.

Yeah, I agree.

People calling for change after this series, what do you want done? I get the Stairs/Marrero/H-Rod/or maybe calling up a starting pitcher. Other than that, there's not much to do except let the guys up the middle get experience, let Zim and Stras get healthy, and figure out what moves we need to make in the off-season.

We're not going to be good this year. I just hope we improve by a few games and Rizzo figures out ways to improve his roster.

Play Nix every day and stop freaking around. That's what it means.

He can't hit lefties. He plays every day against righties.

Offline blue911

« Reply #318: May 25, 2011, 07:15:13 PM »
He can't hit lefties. He plays every day against righties.

He has less than 200 PA against lefties in 8 years, more than half of those came in '03 & '04. Considering the alternatives (Bixler,Ankiel,Stairs, or Cora) now's the time to find out if that's really the case. Even if he can't hit lefties, he does make the other team at least think about giving Werth better pitches.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #319: May 25, 2011, 07:19:59 PM »
He has less than 200 PA against lefties in 8 years, more than half of those came in '03 & '04. Considering the alternatives (Bixler,Ankiel,Stairs, or Cora) now's the time to find out if that's really the case. Even if he can't hit lefties, he does make the other team at least think about giving Werth better pitches.

I'm down with it.

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #320: May 25, 2011, 07:24:23 PM »
Who is that in avatar? I can't tell!!?!?!?

I'm going to email you a box of poop

Offline EdStroud

« Reply #321: May 26, 2011, 05:47:48 AM »
EAST               W   L    PCT    GB   HOME   ROAD   STRK    L10
Philadelphia     30  19   .612     -    18-10   12-9     Won 1  5-5
Florida             28  19   .596   1.0   14-12   14-7     Won 2  6-4
Atlanta            28  23   .549   3.0   14-10   14-13   Won 2  6-4
NY Mets          23  25    .479   6.5   10-12  13-13    Won 1  5-5
Washington     21  28    .429   9.0   11-9    10-19    Lost 5  3-7