Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2  (Read 41476 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 2
« Reply #425: September 15, 2012, 10:59:26 PM »
Seriously? Managers argue pitifully bad calls and get thrown out all the time. And they do this because MLB is so backasswards, that is the only recourse they have. There's no replay, there's no accountability, so they have to go out and raise a stink in the hope that the jackass they're yelling at gives enough of a crap the next time to get the call right.  It's been like that for 100 years.

LaRussa, Torre, Johnson, Cox, Leland, all of them have all argued calls and have all been thrown out of games. Pretty sure they all have rings. I'm 100% behind Davey getting thrown out in that instance. What Hudson did was unacceptable.

As for the rest of it, I really don't know what you're responding to. I watched the game, I don't need a repeated recap, and I have never once said the ump lost the game. I said very clearly in my first post that the outcome of the game was irrelevant. This is not a Nats problem, this is an MLB problem.

The ONLY thing that matters is getting the call right. It is completely unacceptable for a blown call to negatively impact a game, particularly when an umpire refuses to do the right thing. Hudson REFUSED to ask for help to get the call right. That is indefensible. 

Furthermore, MLB's dogged refusal to do everything in their power to ensure the integrity of the game by simply GETTING THE CALL RIGHT is galling.  Watching that ego maniac shake his head at Davey when he refused to ask for help, made me sick. Worst part is, Hudson will be right back out on the field tomorrow night. Galling