Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2  (Read 20327 times)

Offline GNatsNoMore

Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 2
« Reply #550: April 02, 2011, 11:37:25 PM »
Thoughts from going to the game today (I didn't get to read the whole thread, so, no, I didn't put you on ignore if I'm repeating some others' impressions) :

1)  What a great game (well worth sitting out the rain delay)!  (On the other hand, being pelted with pieces of ice (hail) hurts, and my toes were telling me all game - when I could feel them, anyway - that there's a reason that historically the season has started one or sometimes even two weeks later than it did this year.)

2)  Danny Espinosa looked really good to me today.  He made two excellent defensive plays early (one of which saved a run).  Another time caught a ball so close to the ground I thought he short hopped it.  He also knocked in the first run with an RBI.  I felt like he and Werth kind of set the tone for the rest of the team early.  Go ahead, accuse me of being the opposite of Sportsfan,  but after seeing him in person today, I just got this feeling that he really could be a future star in the making.  

3)  Morse had a broken bat sac fly. :shock:   I don't think I've ever seen one of those in person.  It showed how strong he really is.

4) Ramos looked really good offensively.  Three singles, two of which were really sharply hit.  I thought he was described as a strong defensive catcher when we got him.  

If Morse and Ramos continue as starters, and continue to perform, we could definitely score more runs this year than last.  

By the way, Slaten has WHIP of infinity after 2 game appearances, but no measurable ERA at all, since he has pitched 0 innings so far.