Author Topic: MLB.tv and Red Carpet Reward perks  (Read 496 times)

Offline CowherPower

MLB.tv and Red Carpet Reward perks
« Topic Start: March 15, 2022, 09:41:36 AM »
Has anyone heard if full Season Plan Holders will be getting a free MLB.tv subscription again this year?  That was a very nice perk, but I'm worried that it's yet another corner they are cutting.  In prior years I had already received an email about it by now.

Also, I think they are sticking with the reduced RCR program.  That used to be a great program because full SPH's would start with 4000 points per seat and could earn extra points every game via code words.  The told me today that the codes would not be coming back.  You can still earn a couple points by filling out surveys during the year, but that won't amount to much.

Another program I'm sad they cut is the Guaranteed Giveaways program. 

Offline Five Banners

Re: MLB.tv and Red Carpet Reward perks
« Reply #1: March 15, 2022, 10:01:45 AM »
Has anyone heard if full Season Plan Holders will be getting a free MLB.tv subscription again this year?  That was a very nice perk, but I'm worried that it's yet another corner they are cutting.  In prior years I had already received an email about it by now.

Also, I think they are sticking with the reduced RCR program.  That used to be a great program because full SPH's would start with 4000 points per seat and could earn extra points every game via code words.  The told me today that the codes would not be coming back.  You can still earn a couple points by filling out surveys during the year, but that won't amount to much.

Another program I'm sad they cut is the Guaranteed Giveaways program.

It seems like it would’ve been an easy lift to keep RCR going as well as the giveaway perks for season plan holders with a bunch of memorabilia and plastic trinkets that wouldn’t cost the club much but provide a type of benefit.

I thought the Redskins were the worst in terms of keeping run-of-the-mill season ticket holders as far as incentives, but the mindset evidently on display from the Nats (especially at a time where tickets don’t figure to be selling themselves given the product on the field) looks like it may put them in contention.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2: March 15, 2022, 10:35:53 AM »
my sense is that there's still a lot of unused SPH renewal bonuses from 2021 that the Nats want to burn off before giving away more seats through RCRs.  I think they will wait to next year before they get generous with RCRS and use that as a new / renewed perk for loyalty.

Online machpost

« Reply #3: March 15, 2022, 10:38:51 AM »
Half season plan holders also get this perk, but I haven't seen an email about it yet. Seems like it usually comes out a few days before the first Spring Training broadcasts, but I haven't heard a word about any TV or radio for Spring Training this year for any team. I wouldn't be surprised if MASN skips it altogether. But this is one of the best perks for plan holders and I really hope they aren't planning on dropping it.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #4: March 16, 2022, 07:32:33 PM »
My rep emailed me today and said that "an email from MLB regarding MLBTV will be sent later this week or next week".  He didn't specifically say that we were getting a free subscription again, but I can't imagine that they be sending out an email saying we're NOT, so I have to think this is good news.

Online machpost

« Reply #5: March 17, 2022, 06:51:30 AM »
My rep emailed me today and said that "an email from MLB regarding MLBTV will be sent later this week or next week".  He didn't specifically say that we were getting a free subscription again, but I can't imagine that they be sending out an email saying we're NOT, so I have to think this is good news.
From the looks of it, all the Spring Training games are marked as free games of the day in the app, so we won’t need it to watch those at least.

Online machpost

« Reply #6: March 21, 2022, 12:34:38 PM »
Just got the email for the complimentary MLB.tv subscription.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #7: March 21, 2022, 08:57:09 PM »
Just got the email for the complimentary MLB.tv subscription.

Hmm, I haven't received anything yet.  Hopefully they are just slow in getting all those emails out and mine will come soon.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #8: March 21, 2022, 08:58:40 PM »
Got mine today too, in case one more data point helps

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #9: March 23, 2022, 10:02:27 PM »
I never received any email from the Nats or MLB.TV telling me about the free subscription so I called MLB.TV tech support last night.  I gave them my Nats account number and they got back to me tonight and activated my free subscription.  So if any of you didn't get the email, I recommend you do the same.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10: March 24, 2022, 09:15:00 AM »
Are RCRs live?  The amount in my account looks like the old formula from prior to last year. 

Online machpost

« Reply #11: March 24, 2022, 01:06:56 PM »
Are RCRs live?  The amount in my account looks like the old formula from prior to last year. 

We have 1,000 RCR points in our account presently, but the e-cash balance says $0.00, which can't be right. I'm pretty sure there was a negligible amount left on there from last season.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12: March 24, 2022, 01:56:20 PM »
We have 1,000 RCR points in our account presently, but the e-cash balance says $0.00, which can't be right. I'm pretty sure there was a negligible amount left on there from last season.
I reread the 3/15 email, and it said that RCRs would be in next week.  I'd be surprised if they are that generous, but maybe it is just for auctions and merch and not tix this year.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #13: March 24, 2022, 05:21:25 PM »
I reread the 3/15 email, and it said that RCRs would be in next week.  I'd be surprised if they are that generous, but maybe it is just for auctions and merch and not tix this year.

I was told by my agent that they would be going back to the pre-pandemic RCR levels, and that appears to be the case.  I have 8,000 points for my two full-season tickets.  Sweet!  However, I don't think they are doing any in-game codes, so there won't be many chances to earn extra points.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14: March 24, 2022, 05:48:32 PM »
I was told by my agent that they would be going back to the pre-pandemic RCR levels, and that appears to be the case.  I have 8,000 points for my two full-season tickets.  Sweet!  However, I don't think they are doing any in-game codes, so there won't be many chances to earn extra points.
can you get tix with points or just merchandise?

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #15: March 24, 2022, 05:59:04 PM »
can you get tix with points or just merchandise?

I believe tickets will only be available through auction.  That's different than a few years back where they had set point-values for different areas in the ballpark (along with blackout dates).  Bottom line - getting tickets with points will likely cost a lot more points than they used to a few years back.